• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Cut it up! :d
    Roger that

Comment

I found a LP on EBay for under $70 bucks. It looks identical to my current one in the picture. What I wanted to know was not in the description and that was what was the amperage draw. So I sent the seller a message and he wrote back that it was between 8 and 11 amps and that I would need to change to at least a 10 amp fuse.

8-11 amps seem pretty high for a small pump like that and if they were using the exact same Yamaha part number (69J-24410-00-00) you would think that it would mirror the specs. I just wonder what kind of can of worms one would open up by using it if in fact it really does draw that many amps. The pump is made by Axiom. Has anyone heard of it?

Comment

What does the "sticker" (on the fuse box or owners manual) show for what size stock fuse goes in there?

A 5 is super light.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Comment

I would let the guy that sold it to you take care of this and not stick parts in that are not correct.

If he replaced it before you picked it up and it went bad again that needs to be fixed right.
            Or if he did not, he needs to now replace it with the correct pump.

hopefully he will not claim you did something so warranty is now no good

Comment

The diagram clearly states 5 amps. I believe the LP pump seller was conveying voltage and not amps, but I am still researching the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                I would let the guy that sold it to you take care of this and not stick parts in that are not correct.

If he replaced it before you picked it up and it went bad again that needs to be fixed right.
                Or if he did not, he needs to now replace it with the correct pump.

hopefully he will not claim you did something so warranty is now no good
                Actually, he replaced the high pressure pump in the VST and not this LP pump. Or I should say that he said he replaced the HP pump. Parts were removed as if he had done so and I did not open up the VST to look for myself. I just drained it and the gas that drained out was as clear as a glass of water with no water or particulate or floaties.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
                  The diagram clearly states 5 amps. I believe the LP pump seller was conveying voltage and not amps, but I am still researching the pump.

why would the seller talk about 8 to 11 volts on a 12 volt system and needing to change the fuse 5 amp fuse to a 10 amp if he was talking about volts?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    why would the seller talk about 8 to 11 volts on a 12 volt system and needing to change the fuse 5 amp fuse to a 10 amp if he was talking about volts?
                    I just had a feeling from the way he wrote me back that he was not knowledgeable and did not know for sure. I have asked him to clarify if he know that it was standard practice to do so if they have had any feedback from the buyers of their product. Still researching

Comment

I have mechanical pumps and didn't know what the LP electric pump pulled...(pretty darn light!).

I personally would not be bumping up fuse rates.

While you'd probably get by with it, the wiring harness is designed for a 5 amp fuse..

Agreed with yam99, either let the mechanic figure it out or invest in a used or new OEM unit.

Out on the water, IMO, I don't cut corners on parts, especially electrical... Just not worth a potential fire, getting stuck or other issues..
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        I have mechanical pumps and didn't know what the LP electric pump pulled...(pretty darn light!).

I personally would not be bumping up fuse rates.

While you'd probably get by with it, the wiring harness is designed for a 5 amp fuse..
                        and it makes no sense, mechanically

12 volts x 10 amps = 120 Watts - that's 1/6 of a horsepower!

no way it can take that much power to suck some gas from a tank and push it into the VST

Comment

I have not heard back from my mechanic yet. He was supposed to find me a LH prop to trade for the RH he sold me, but I did order and receive an after market LP pump with a two year warranty. The differences were the wire connection and the size was about 4 mm larger in diameter. I had to modify the stainless bracket some to get it on. But before I did any of that, I just hooked it up and it did it's job. I was a little concerned at first because it cycled as it should at idle 10 sec. on and 20 sec. off. Then I moved the throttle up to 1500 and it ran continuously as it should. I shut it down to do something and came back to it a little later. I squeezed the bulb a couple of times and it started right up, but in idle it was running and it ran for 3 minutes before shutting off and coming back on for 10 sec. and continuing with it's normal cycle.

Then I read somewhere that the 3 minutes on was normal. I've been waiting for a couple of mounting parts for the silencer that have been lost over the years and then I'm putting the freshly painted cowling back on. Then with any luck getting a prop, I'll be out on the river to give it a test run.

Comment

Sounds like your almost there!
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X