No announcement yet.

2005 Yamaha F225 headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a good number for Yamaha Customer service. I need to find someone who can help me find a solution to this problem I am having with the engine harness.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
      Does anyone have a good number for Yamaha Customer service. I need to find someone who can help me find a solution to this problem I am having with the engine harness.

Thanks
      Here ya go, sixth one down:

Contact Us

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the contact number. After an hour on the phone with a guy, no solution. I think someone was playing a joke at the harness assembly plant.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
          Thanks for the contact number. After an hour on the phone with a guy, no solution. I think someone was playing a joke at the harness assembly plant.
          What did they tell you? That your harness part number does not agree with their parts catalog?

If you have not owned the motor since new then who knows what has been done to it. Not unusual for people to remove original parts and then install non-original parts.

But as I said, both the part number you mention and the one that your motor was delivered with had two nylon connectors for the trim/oil information when they left the factory. Apparently someone along the way has removed one of them.

But it is not the end of the world. You can always cut and splice.

Or you can buy a new main harness with the correct part number and install it. It will then be plug and play.

Comment

I think 2 bullet connectors are in order. I'll make my own little modification. Thanks for all your responses.

Comment

Well, I just figured it out as I looked at the wiring diagram again. The connector in question is the connector for the Trim sensor and has nothing to do with the fact that the wiring harness is a 2003 harness. The sensor probably doesn't work anyway since I had to PB Blast the hell out of it since it was stuck, so all I need to do is replace the sensor with one with a square connector. Where as the harness for a 2004 engine has the sensor lead built into the harness. The 2003 wire diagram plainly shows the sensor as a separate part and not an integral part of the 2003 engine harness. 2004 and on, they made the PT sensor part of the harness.

Fairly simple after all. I just need to determine if the expense of a new sensor is worth it since I can look back at the motor and see if it is tilted or not. A used one is more inviting or get lucky and find that elusive pigtail or adapter. Then again, any sensor probably has the two pin connector. Back to the drawing board, but I did find the connectors in Japan and ordered a couple to make my own adapter without modifying anythning.
              Last edited by rpambrun; 05-14-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Hi. I have a similar set up. However this is for a F225TXRC that has a wiring harness from a F225TXRD. Gauges coming from the front are 1 male and 1 female. 4 pin and 2 pin. However there looks to be only 1 4 pin on the harness and the Yamaha gauge iant reading RPMs. Any help. Thanks!

Comment

you would be better off starting a new thread with all of your info instead of posting a very old thread

Comment

Thanks already have done so.

Comment

Working...
                    X