• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slanglinais85 View Post
    But where can i find the specs for torquing the bolts

Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Originally posted by Slanglinais85 View Post
      I live an hour west of San Antonio, usually fish Port Oconnor or Aransas/Rockport area.
      No mostly saltwater. Every blue moon i will take it on the small lake here.
      Ok, thanks. The salt build up in the water passages would obviously occur in SALT water..

Sounded like (above), like it may have been used in FRESH water only which WOULD NOT cause salt build up...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Pulled anodes out today there was some scaling on the anodes themselves but inside didnt appear to be in to bad of shape. Here are some pics of them. Pulled all of them except the bottom left one was a little more difficult to get to. Let me know your thoughts.
        Attached Files

Comment

Their in really good shape, 200% better than my 11 year old ones..

Did you happen to sand / wire brush off the scale you did have on them before re-installing?

IME, the lower cylinder water passages in the block mostly, is where the salt builds up and drys closing off the water passages...

IMO, a lazer temp gun, once the engine is warmed up (and running) would show a much higher temp at the same area of the lower cylinder BLOCK (close to the head) vs the cylinder above it.

They'd be less /no water flow at the lower cylinder and be considerably hotter. That would confirm you'd have to pull the head..
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM.
          Scott

Comment

No didnt have time to clean them at the time. Was gonna re-pull them and clean them tho. I will try and get it on the water this weekend with a lazed thermometer. I will have to look at that ticket when they resealed my lower unit to see if they just replaced the impeller or if they redid the whole water pump also.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
              Whats the actual MODEL # so I can look up in the parts fisch?

2004, 250HP______
              You still use fische?
              If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
                You still use fische?
                Das ist richtig:

Fische oder Pisces (lateinisch piscis „Fisch“) sind aquatisch lebende Wirbeltiere mit Kiemen.

In der Systematik sind Fische paraphyletisch, d. h., sie bilden keine natürliche Einheit (Monophylon), daher sind sie eine Gruppe morphologisch ähnlicher Tiere.

Die Lehre von der Biologie der Fische ist die Ichthyologie.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X