Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    Or use two hoses. Or not.

Make sure no drinking alcohol while operating your vessel. Or sleeping.

Tell the women to put on some clothes too.
    What? With some good tunes on, a warm summer sun shining down and the motor purring like a kitten how can I not sleep?

Is it OK to just close my eyes and then doze for a second?

Tried that one time in a car late at night. Scared the beejeesus out of myself. Should be OK in a boat I should think.

Comment

You ever nod off and hit the shoulder and **** the wheel to get back on the road?
      I did that once, only problem was I hit the shoulder on the other side of road. When I ****ed the wheel i hit the ditch and a culvert.
      that 65 Pontiac launched into the air and nose dived on the other side of the drive way.
      I bent the steering wheel with ny hands and my head.
      Just a small cut between my eyes, but that car never ran down the road again on its own

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        You ever nod off and hit the shoulder and **** the wheel to get back on the road?
        I did that once, only problem was I hit the shoulder on the other side of road. When I ****ed the wheel i hit the ditch and a culvert.
        that 65 Pontiac launched into the air and nose dived on the other side of the drive way.
        I bent the steering wheel with ny hands and my head.
        Just a small cut between my eyes, but that car never ran down the road again on its own
        I just about went into a ditch one dark and stormy night. Scared the crap out of me. Forced me not to try and "rest" my eyes while driving at night. I could have been the fool in the local newspaper.

One time heading north out of San Diego. All of a sudden a Camaro left the fast lane, crossed all 10 or 12 north bound lanes and then headed up a steep slope. He then came back down the slope and into the freeway. Parts were flying everywhere. We stopped to help. Yes, he fell asleep at the wheel.

I said damn man we are only ten minutes out of San Diego and you needed a nap already? He was tired. Too much partying methinks.

Comment

Yea, I was partying too much that week along with working everyday.
          that evening I was heading home early in the evening after just one beer at the local watering hole.
          the gal that was following me home never saw what happened. apparently I was driving faster than her .

when I was not home when she got there she back tracked and found me in the ditch.
          Called some buddies and they pulled me out of the ditch, changed the left front tire as it was blown, but the tie rod was sheared off too.
          chained a PU to the front and I cranked up and drove the car while they pulled me home because, they could not pull enough to over come the tire pointed in the wrong direction.
          tire lasted about a mile before it blew out ,but we kept going a couple of more miles to the house.
          good thing it was out in the country and not in town.
          The good old days.
          lucky to be alive

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            first you could then you could not.
            I have run them on the flush port since Yamaha started installing them.
            I wait until water is exiting the water intake then fire it up.
            what you cannot do is run it much above idle.
            well you can but that may damage things.,
            Are you using the above flushing method only if the engine is already warm? I can recall several threads in the past addressing using the flush port vs. muff flush. From what I recall, if the engine is cold the stats are closed so using the flush port method will not flush fresh water past the stats. Or have I missed something?
            Jason
            1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

I hook the hose to the flush port.
              turn the water on full force.
              wait until I see water from the intake screen.
              fire that hummer up and do what I need to do.

Comment

For those interested, this topic of muff flush vs. engines hose attachment is discussed in depth in this thread:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...h26191-p3.html
                Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
                  For those interested, this topic of muff flush vs. engines hose attachment is discussed in depth in this thread:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...h26191-p3.html
                  Especially the last page...
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    Especially the last page...
                    Bajakeith. Reminds me of madharchod....

Comment

this is getting stupid.
                      look dudes and dudettes.
                      it is a simple hose with some water.
                      hook it up. turn it on.
                      flush/run/test/do whatever.
                      it works.

Comment

agree

Yes I didn't mean to turn this into a muffs versus attachment debate.
                        Simply wondered why rectangular muffs didn't work as the round did.
                        I repaired the round ones and they work perfect.
                        The answer is the spring tension, Just for curiousity I tried the rectangular again and used a C clamp to add pressure to the spring. They then worked great, so I bent the spring in further on a vice and now I have 2 muffs that work.
                        So I answered my own question.
                        Let's quit poking the bear.
                        Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
                          Yes I didn't mean to turn this into a muffs versus attachment debate.
                          Simply wondered why rectangular muffs didn't work as the round did.
                          I repaired the round ones and they work perfect.
                          The answer is the spring tension, Just for curiousity I tried the rectangular again and used a C clamp to add pressure to the spring. They then worked great, so I bent the spring in further on a vice and now I have 2 muffs that work.
                          So I answered my own question.
                          Let's quit poking the bear.
                          Thanks guys.
                          This is a typical de-rail...

Don't worry about it, most threads do.... Glad ya got the old one fixed...

You'll another x # of years out of it..
                          Scott

Comment

I 2nd scott's reply below, no biggie. This was a valid thread you started. You would think that all the muff devices produced by manufacturers would produce the same or similar "V" angle of the muff arms. Apparently not so. And from what I can recall, these are one size fits all devices.

And as far as detouring off topic to the methodology of engine flushing...it's a topic often discussed on this forum. Guaranteed it won't be the last time, and guaranteed it won't be the last time RB shuts down the convo by stating how stupid this has become
                            Jason

Comment

^^^^, with my round muff's, (as noted), I also had to replace the female end (no biggie).

It's a MUCH older unit and the steel arms are a bit thicker than the newer ones and hold tighter.

With that said, putting them in a HD vise, and squeezing the arms "tighter", makes for a much better seal as well. I literally have to "walk them", while wet, back and forth onto the LU. Yes it fits that tight..

Perhaps that's why I NEVER overheat on the muffs unlike others..
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X