200hpdi economy switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hpdi economy switch

Can you please tell the part no for the switch that cuts out two cylinders for economy on a 200lz neto pls.

Do you know how much they are?

ROB

Thank you people so much to learn.
    I have been told that the switch or what ever it is cuts the other cylinders back in about 2500/2800 rpm whne running, there is a big difference in the noise of the engine when you get to these rpm, the engine is running a lot smoother and quieter.
    I believe this feature is on the left hand side of the engine when looking back.

The model no on my plate is 200 lz neto got me a bit confused too as far as neto goes.
    Hope everyone is catching plenty of fish, weather not been good here is NSW for my fishing outside.
    Last edited by STILL TRYING; 04-07-2017, 06:13 PM. Reason: update

Does such a "switch" exist? Be pretty tricky to cut the fuel for economy, yet still supply oil for lubrication, and still maintain smooth running, all with a switch.

Comment

I want to know what a "200lz neto pls" is?

Comment

From this thread:

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...tml#post134067

US quivalent of a: 2004 LZ200TXRC Yamaha Outboard Parts

Interesting, a belt driven fuel pump:
        http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...EAR/parts.html
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-06-2017, 06:35 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
          Does such a "switch" exist? Be pretty tricky to cut the fuel for economy, yet still supply oil for lubrication, and still maintain smooth running, all with a switch.
          Yes, such a switch can exist.

The switch being closed (what Yamaha refers to as "On") when the motor is in neutral causes cylinders 2 and 3 to not function. Injection and ignition are disabled.

Oil is provided via a mechanical pump directly into the air intake system so that both cylinders, even though not firing, continue to receive oil. For the most part oil is not mixed with gasoline in an HPDI (direct injection) model.

Comment

Part number 46 is the shift position switch.

2004 LZ200TXRC Yamaha Outboard CONTROL Diagram and Parts

Comment

Yes, that's very common, but, it is not a switch for economy, nor is it designed to be manually operated.

Comment

I suppose that some might argue that it is designed to be operated manually. Manually but by remote control. A manual function on the part of the operator is required to open or close the switch. Or to turn the switch on or off if you will.

As opposed to a switch that is opened or closed, turned on or off, solely by a means other than an operators input.

I have a switch on the wall that is opened or closed, or turned on or off, to illuminate a light on the ceiling of a room in my house. I refer to it as a manual switch. In the past I might have used a stick to reposition the switch so as to not have to get my lazy ass up and out of a chair. When so doing does that make the switch become something else other than but a manual switch?

Economy, as in saving a bit of gasoline, is stated as being one of its features.

Comment

I have a feeling the OP thinks that there is a switch to cut cylinders while running in gear to save fuel.

He has said before that his motor is running thru too much fuel I believe

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    I have a feeling the OP thinks that there is a switch to cut cylinders while running in gear to save fuel.
                    From his post, above, I read it the same way. That he might have read "something" about the cylinder cut-out feature and thought that there is an actual switch (mounted on the dash) that can be installed for that feature. But that functionality is actually built into the ECM.
                    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I was thinks more like some auto motors that cut cylinders once up to speed and the extra cylinders are not needed to keep things going at a steady speed. but will kick back in when needed.

Boat motors do not have the gears and are pulling a load all of the time. you loose a cylinder or 2 and you will know it when the RPMs and speed drop.

Comment

It ONLY kicks in, in neutral (per Jethro's post above)...
                        Scott

Comment

I know that is true on his Yamaha, but with his concern of his motor using too much fuel in his other thread, I am betting he is looking for something that suppose to save on fuel while in gear running.

The HPDI motors run very lean normally.
                          If he is burning too much fuel he needs to be looking for something else than a switch that cuts fuel and spark to a couple of cyinders while in neutral

Comment

A couple of camshafts and valves will fix that....
                            Scott

Comment

the old Cadillac 4,6,8.
                              what a piece of garbage.
                              on the HPDI that switch for fuel savings, marketing. BOLD new graphics.
                              it function was to prevent idiots from over revving it in N AND to act as a shift cut switch when shifting.
                              I have still seen folks hit 4500 revving in N and only 2 cyl are fireing.
                              easy way to test it is simply listen to the motor when you shift into and out of a gear.
                              you can hear the other two cyl pick up and drop off.
                              you can also watch it turn on and off on YDS.
                              if it is unplugged,shorted or open the ECU will pick it up.
                              if the ECU sees that it is in gear and cranking it limits RPM to about 2300.
                              if it sees that it is always in N it runs the cyl drop according to the ECU mapping.
                              you simply cannot bypass it.
                              well you actually can but you have to know how and why it is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X