03 225 HPDI no fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 225 HPDI no fuel

Hello all. I have gotten a lot of tip over the years from you guys, thank you.

I have had zero problems with my 03 225 HPDI until now. I pulled out my boat(skeeter zx225) this weekend and did my spring checks. I am getting zero gas to the engine. The low pressure pumps are dry and the primer ball is soft and will not pump up. I drained the starboard tank last fall and the port tank had about 1/2 in it with stabilizer.

Where should I start. I do not see or hear any leaks in the fuel lines.

Thanks for any help.

I would check the primer bulb either it is sucking air or the check valves are not holding to pump fuel.
    are you holding the bulb where the arrow is pointing up to the sky?

Comment

The ball lays horizontal. Should I tilt it so one end is pointing up?

Also, if it is working shouldn't it be pumping fuel into the low pressure pumps even with the pumps apart?

Comment

It should be pointing straight up for best results.

If in doubt, pull the primer bulb altogether, put the INLET in a small container of fuel and pump. See if it does anything... (they do fail).

If it does, hook up to the tank line and try again. It should pump fuel. If not, you have tank/line issue.

Now if you have fuel from the tank to the primer, hook up to the VST and prime. If it doesn't fill, you may have a stuck needle (closed)...

*The most likely issue sounds like a bad primer valve.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter195 View Post
          The ball lays horizontal. Should I tilt it so one end is pointing up?

Also, if it is working shouldn't it be pumping fuel into the low pressure pumps even with the pumps apart?
          If the primer bulb is working it should push fuel into the pumps even with them apart.

If the primer ball stays soft then one of its internal check valves may have failed or it is having trouble pulling the fuel from the tank. Has this happened in previous years?

A primer ball is easy to change and cheap as well, approx $30.

Here is short video of a fellow cutting one apart and showing how it works..

https://youtu.be/Mrt38-ulYFc

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I took the ball off and connected a piece of hose to each end and tried pumping some fuel from a 5 gallon container into another one, it did not work. The valve in the ball was stuck. I got it unstuck by hitting it and it worked fine. I got a new ball though. I also blew some are into the fuel line into the tanks in case there was anything stuck on the bottom of the tank pick-up filters. All is good again.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter195 View Post
              Thanks for the help guys. I took the ball off and connected a piece of hose to each end and tried pumping some fuel from a 5 gallon container into another one, it did not work. The valve in the ball was stuck. I got it unstuck by hitting it and it worked fine. I got a new ball though. I also blew some are into the fuel line into the tanks in case there was anything stuck on the bottom of the tank pick-up filters. All is good again.

Thanks again
              Thanks for the update.

BTW, your failure is pretty un-common!! (or at least not posted here).
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X