Yamaha 703 Shifter Ignition Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 703 Shifter Ignition Switch

I have a 1991 Yamaha 150 ProV with the Yamaha 703 Shifter with the Choke Switch separate from the ignition switch. I need a new ignition switch for the 703.

Not too sure if you're after something, or just stating you need a new switch! If you need a switch, your local dealer should be able to help out.

Comment

sounds like he needs to see a rigging guide.
      I know not where to find them on the web, but Boscoe99 has posted links in the past.
      maybe he will help soon or you can look for Yamaha Rigging guide to see what you find

Comment

Here you go.

703-82510-33-00 MAIN SWITCH ASSY $90.70

Overview
        703-82510-33-00 MAIN SWITCH ASSY
        Description
        Purchase this Yamaha 703-82510-33-00 MAIN SWITCH ASSY

Comment

Item 48 would be my best guess.

1991 P150TLRP Yamaha Outboard REMOTE CONTROL COMP - PARTS Diagram and Parts

The -10-00 has been superceded by the -18-00.

703-82510-18-00 MAIN SWITCH ASSY

Comment

the original switch is NLA.
            the replacement will have a push to choke feature.
            how you wish to rig it is up to you.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I would like to convert the 703 to a push to coke switch, but I have no clue on how to do that. I think it just needs a new switch. I don't even know how to check to see if it is the switch. So far when I am on dry land and run the boat it starts up and shuts off just fine, but out on the water it starts up but doesn't shut off with the switch or kill switch. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Comment

I am now thinking it is the CDI Unit. I checked the solid white wire going into the cdi unit and when i cut the switch off there was no power on that wire, but the engine kept running. Any Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by rcfawjr93 View Post
                  I am now thinking it is the CDI Unit. I checked the solid white wire going into the cdi unit and when i cut the switch off there was no power on that wire, but the engine kept running. Any Thoughts?
                  The white wire has no power. It is either grounded to the block or it is not. When the CDI is grounded via the white wire the motor stops running. Or should.

Is the white wire at the CDI connector (engine harness side) grounded when the key switch is turned off or the kill switch is activated? If so, carefully inspect the terminal on the other side of the connector. The CDI side if you will. Failure of a ground to reach the CDI because of corrosion within a connector can cause the problem you are experiencing.

Comment

Yes it is grounded. I checked on either side of the plug. The white wire shows to have no power when I turn the switch off but it keeps running.

Comment

Originally posted by rcfawjr93 View Post
                      Yes it is grounded. I checked on either side of the plug. The white wire shows to have no power when I turn the switch off but it keeps running.
                      Why are you checking for power? Power as in electrical power? As in 12 volts?

The white wire does not ever have voltage (power) on it. It is either connected to ground or it is not connected to ground.

Remove the white wire from the CDI connector. Start and run the motor. Jumper the white wire terminal from the CDI to the block. An unpainted portion of the block. If the motor does not stop you need a new CDI.

Comment

Although I don't think it is your problem I would just-for-the-hellavit remove, clean and then reattach the CDI ground terminal.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was looking all over the place for a diagram for the CDI unit. I will try it out. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X