X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good.
    Thanks for your help.

Comment

My primer bulb never actually gets hard as it has on other boats. I am installing a new one while I am reworking the entire fuel system from tank to motor along with cleaning injectors and replacing all filters. but to answer your question, no as of yet i havent. I need to remove my yamaha fuel flow transducer and check/ replace it. Its not working anyway.

Comment

It does not.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          let me look about the junk pile tomorrow.
          having never broken that part I do not know.
          but I do have a few parts VST's floating about.
          Any luck finding a replacement?

Comment

Got my injectors back yesterday from Mr. Injector!!! Two of them were clogged; they had a flow of 32 and 36 prior to cleaning. After cleaning they had a flow of 62 like they should. Hoping this was the problem all along, will be reassembling this weekend.
            Last edited by Av8erdunn; 02-24-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

when I had injector clogging on my F90 I was surprised that an apparent small bit "off" made a huge difference.

Before cleaning, my four tested at 88, 92, 92, and 96% of rated flow.

Doesn't seem that bad, but the engine would idle only, and completely "break up" under load

Comment

I am hoping that's the case. I got her put back together yesterday and right now I am draining the fuel tank to get the ethanol gas out. I have plumbed a in portable tank just to test with and I am also waiting on my 2micron racor fuel filters to arrive. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is going to fix it. It's going to be a few days before I can run her but I will let y'all know how she does. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Av8erdunn View Post
                  I am hoping that's the case. I got her put back together yesterday and right now I am draining the fuel tank to get the ethanol gas out. I have plumbed a in portable tank just to test with and I am also waiting on my 2micron racor fuel filters to arrive. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is going to fix it. It's going to be a few days before I can run her but I will let y'all know how she does. Thanks for all the help.
                  Wasn't there discussion about some engines that are unable to use 2 micron filters???

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Wasn't there discussion about some engines that are unable to use 2 micron filters???
                    Its not clear me to what the value would be, anyway, although who would not feel "cleaner is better".

Rodbolt teaches us that, far downstream of that 2 or 10 micron filter canister,
                    both the LP and HP pumps generate "brush dust"

I have not seen it described in any Yamaha document,
                    but the "VST Filter" on my F225 - a screen, really -
                    appears to my eye to have "openings" of >200 micron across

I have not seen a size rating reported for the "basket filter" at the inlet of the fuel injectors - not gotten a look at them.

But seem to recall reading that orifices on a Port Injection nozzle are around 200 micron in diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                      Its not clear me to what the value would be, anyway, although who would not feel "cleaner is better".

Rodbolt teaches us that, far downstream of that 2 or 10 micron filter canister,
                      both the LP and HP pumps generate "brush dust"

I have not seen it described in any Yamaha document,
                      but the "VST Filter" on my F225 - a screen, really -
                      appears to my eye to have "openings" of >200 micron across

I have not seen a size rating reported for the "basket filter" at the inlet of the fuel injectors - not gotten a look at them.

But seem to recall reading that orifices on a Port Injection nozzle are around 200 micron in diameter.
                      I assumed the 2 micron may be too restrictive in some's opinion. I can't recall the details.

Comment

There have been numerous people having success running the 2 micron with outboards up to 225 maybe more. It has a fuel flow of 60 GPH so its more than enough for a little 115. That being said, it will clog up sooner but I always keep a spare on the boat anyway.

Comment

Took her for a test ride and she runs so much better. I only had a temporary 6 gallon tank and the boats tank was empty and I was a little disappointed in the speed. I realize it's only a 115 on a 19' boat and that's half the problem. I was getting about 37mph at about 5700rpm. I was hoping for 40 with a light load but I don't see that happening. I am going to put 50gallons in this weekend and see how she does. Thanks again for y'all's help.

Comment

Working...
                          X