No announcement yet.

05 F115 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping to replace all of the fuel lines from the tank to the motor this weekend but that all depends on the weather. I am hoping it's going to be an easy fix. She runs too good for much to be wrong.

Comment

Well I worked on replacing all the fuel line from the tank to the engine and also replacing the vst filter today. I didn't make near as much progress as I had hoped for but I did make progress. Only one bolt broke off and I only had to cut three hoses to get the vst out. All in all it was a good day. I need to order a new bolt and new hoses and I should be back in business. That is if I can get the stews out of the vst cover. I have three broken loose but the other ones are frozen pretty good. I am spraying them with kroil hoping that will help. As soon as I get the last injector out of the fuel rail I will send them for cleaning. It's stuck pretty good, hope I don't break it trying to remove it.

Wish me luck!!!!!

Comment

lock the VST in a vice and try a hand impact driver.
        if that does not work fill the VST with water,after draing the gas, and use heat on the screws.
        they are tough to drill out if you snap one.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          lock the VST in a vice and try a hand impact driver.
          if that does not work fill the VST with water,after draing the gas, and use heat on the screws.
          they are tough to drill out if you snap one.
          Good idea!!!! If I snap one I am gonna put her on the mill and use that to drill them. Not looking forward to it but it will not be the end of e world either.

Comment

I guess you had problems taking the hose clanps off or was it just the hoses after removing the clamps?

proper tools and proper clamps are needed to put it back together also

the impact driver does wonders on those screws. get the correct bit also
            Last edited by 99yam40; 02-12-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              I guess you had problems taking the hose clanps off or was it just the hoses after removing the clamps?

proper tools and proper clamps are needed to put it back together also

the impact driver does wonders on those screws. get the correct bit also
              The hoses were stuck to the nipples! Proper tools isn't a problem, I have the correct tools for the job. I am going to buy new spring clamps for all hoses tomorrow. I am going to try my Mikita impact tomorrow. Will let y'all know how it goes.

Comment

sounds like you are talking about something different that we are.
                use the hand operated impact screw driver, the one you hit with a hammer not battery operated gun

pay attention to the type of bit that is needed.
                probably a JIS.
                look at the heads of screws to see if you see a mark on it
                Last edited by 99yam40; 02-12-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  sounds like you are talking about something different that we are.
                  use the hand operated impact screw driver, the one you hit with a hammer not battery operated gun

pay attention to the type of bit that is needed.
                  probably a JIS.
                  look at the heads of screws to see if you see a mark on it
                  Guess I need to buy another tool. Thank god for Amazon!!!! I will look at the screws and be sure I have the correct bit. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Well I finally got the cover off. My impact and mini torch come in and they worked like a charm. That is until the last screw. It sheared off and at the same time I successfully destroyed my electrical receptacle for the fuel pump. Lucky me!!!!!! And let me guess, they probably don't sale just the connector do they? I'm gonna go get a beer and bang my head against the wall.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I cannot open the thumbnail.
                      but I may have a connector.

Comment

I can see it - but I don't see what's "destroyed"

Comment

I think he melted some plastic

Comment

No melting of plastic, my impact tool diameter was large enough that it got into the connector. That would be awesome if you have a connector rodbolt. I would be more than happy to buy it from you. If not that's fine, I found a whole assy fairly local to me (100 miles away) on eBay for about 150 but it looks like it's been through hell. Between that and the shop doesn't have good reviews I would rather not deal with them.

Thanks again for all your help.
                            Last edited by Av8erdunn; 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know whats the difference in a 68v-14180-02-00 and a 68v-14180-03-00. If rodbolt doesnt have a connector I found a 68v-14180-03-00 locally for $300 but the part # i have found for my 2005 is 68v-14180-02-00.

Comment

let me look about the junk pile tomorrow.
                                having never broken that part I do not know.
                                but I do have a few parts VST's floating about.

Comment

Working...
                                X