Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB 703 (this is the parts forum-right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    The wiring diagram in the SM shows the ground battery cable going directly to the starter motor and the positive battery cable going to the starter relay. There is a wire lead from the starter relay to the starter motor.

What SM do you have?

Yamaha Outboard V200X, S225X, L225X, V225X, S250X, L250X, Service Manual PDF | eBay

Thanks for help Gents- I have it turning over and plan to try to start it later today once neighbors are up.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdavies View Post
      Yamaha Outboard V200X, S225X, L225X, V225X, S250X, L250X, Service Manual PDF | eBay

Thanks for help Gents- I have it turning over and plan to try to start it later today once neighbors are up.
      Fire it up first. That will get the neighbors up. Oh, and be upwind of them when you run the motor.

Comment

I am guessing you have your plan on a way to shut it down correct?

Comment

It fired fairly easly- took a few minutes to smooth out- then idles nice and smooth- revs up with out issue-
          Seemed a bit warm so I will replace water pump and scheck t-stats (when I find them)
          Seem to have a bit of a rumble once shifted into gear - which it did just fine - forward and reverse- Lower seems tight and smooth

The rumble - anything to be on the look out for?
          I will check drive shaft and lower better when I get it off- any tricks dropping lower?

Again Gents- thanks- looks like this one will get to play once again.

Comment

rumble when in gear could mean bearings or gears.
            but we know nothing about what you are calling a rumble

Comment

Lower off and checked- water pump good- (will replace before serious run) Splines on drive shaft very good-no wear..
              Lower is tight and smooth, oil clean with no metal on magnet
              The rumble occurred when put into gear-not going into gear chatter but once in gear. Sound like it was coming from base of powerhead.
              This with prop on. Motor has shipping plate to prevent from swiveling while shipping.
              May just be some sound transfer from lower spinning heavy stainless prop with no load- might trying running w/o prop see if any difference.
              My concern is it might be lower crank bearing. I may need to tear it down.
              And it could be normal - just not a sound I am familiar with-
              My normal is merc 2.5 lt engines- I build 1-2 of these a year so I have seen the insides of O/Bs- just not yammies.

Thanks for your comments Gents.

Comment

Working...
              X