Yamaha E15DMH, 2006 Enduro, shaft support broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha E15DMH, 2006 Enduro, shaft support broken

The housing on the powerhead that holds the bearings and seals for the Vertical shaft disintigrated, still holding bearings and seals, but it used to be about 4" long. Motor was setting up in storage and is seems that corrossion between shaft and housing was jamming the shaft. Housing broke apart when I forcibly removed lower unit.
    1) Can I leave it alone and use it?
    2) Piece does not come free, looks like I will need to loosen motor block halves. Can I just loosen bolts 1/2 turn and not break the seal?
    Please advise.
    Attached Files

I'm not sure I have the correct engine, (model # slightly different)

Is it part #1:

2006 and Later 15MSH Yamaha Outboard CRANKSHAFT PISTON Diagram and Parts

Looking at the parts fisch, it appears to be held in with the one bolt, maybe recessed.
    Doesn't appear any cases need splitting, especially for a part that centers over the crankshaft...

IMO, I'd replace it. Yamaha made it that length for a reason...
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-10-2016, 06:35 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Part will not budge

Have tried to spin it and pry it out, it seems securely clamped between the case halves. Are the cases joined with a gasket or sealant?
      Thanks for the diagram and parts list. Getting close to time to sail to Georgetown Bahamas. We anchor out there, this is my dinghy motor.

Comment

probably corroded into the case.
        only thing holding it is that bolt and and o ring.

I believe I have heard something like drill a couple of small holes into it and insert screws to give something to pry on.
        replace with new, but I could be wrong

might wait for Rodbolt to drop in

Comment

Originally posted by LeeHaefele View Post
          Have tried to spin it and pry it out, it seems securely clamped between the case halves. Are the cases joined with a gasket or sealant?
          Thanks for the diagram and parts list. Getting close to time to sail to Georgetown Bahamas. We anchor out there, this is my dinghy motor.
          Not exactly sure with your motor, but with mine there is an o-ring that is recessed in the seal housing (a grove in the housing). I think # 2 in the diagram goes around # 1 in the diagram. Although some said I did not have to separate, I found I had to separate the cases to remove the seal housing. While reinstalling, I had to leave the cases separated and tighten the cases around the seal housing with a new o-ring. I did have to use a sealer specially made for the crankcase halves (I can't remember what).

Others with your motor experience should add their comments/recommendations.
          Chuck,
          1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

There is no "regular gasket" between the case halfs but just a sealer (Yamabond).

I would soak it good with penetrating oil, and put a large channel lock on and
            try to work it loose(ROTATING-NOT ROCKING)..

Worse case scenario, get the new parts you need, inspect, I'd bet you could carefully drill and tap the old one and use a slide hammer to yank it.

Obviously you don't want to drill it too deep, thus, having the new one in hand would help with that...

If you "clogged" up the opening in the center, you could probably take a dremel and start cutting it to come out.

As noted, besides the seal(that's likely flattened), there's just corrosion holding that part in the block.

**Looks pretty much the same as the part under the water pump plate, slides into the LU, o ring seal, two reg oil seals for the shaft...**
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

part removed, need to find replacement

Machinist friend heated the housing, then tapped to rotate. This motor was purchased on French side of St Martin. 2006 model E15DMH with 6BK4 on separate label.
              Found part for 05 15MSHD 63V-15396-01-94, part for 2006 E15DMH 6B43: 6B-15396-00-94 this does look more like it with long tube and 3 seals, the first has short tube and 4 seals. Wondering what I will find in USA and if possibly they will interchange.

Comment

What is the complete identity of the motor? It will begin with the number 6.

Comment

Motor identity

All that is there is the E15DMH and the 6BK4.

Comment

Has the data plate been removed?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Yama...UGRF08II_fM%3A

Comment

An E15DMH uses part number 6B4-15396-00-94. Not available from a US dealer because Yamaha US did not/does not offer the E15DMH here in the USA.

The 6B4-15396-00-94 and the 63V-15396-01-94 are not considered to be interchangeable.

Last edited by boscoe99; 12-18-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Number plate photo

Photo attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks as if Yamaha could not decide what to do. Three 15 HP two strokes with slightly varying configurations in the area in question. The 63V might just work. However, best bet would be to find a Yamaha dealer in the Carribbean that can get you exactly what is needed.

Harbourside Marine Ltd. Bahamas
                          Tel: +1-242 393-0262
                          Fax: +1-242 394-7659

Bay Breeze Marina & Storage Ltd.
                          Tel: +1-242 367-2452
                          Fax: +1-242 367-2354

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/busi...ributor/latin/

Comment

Working...
                          X