No announcement yet.

Twin 150 Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no such thing as too many gauges or too many lights on the dash.

It is hard to take a peak at a clear bowl that is below deck while the boat is being propelled by the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      There is no such thing as too many gauges or too many lights on the dash.

It is hard to take a peak at a clear bowl that is below deck while the boat is being propelled by the motor.
      You look / drain it before you drop it in the water or fire it up.

More electronic goodies, more headaches down the road, especially for the marine environment. Especially if you keep your machines for any length of time.

I personally don't want more electronic's than needed just for that reason...

IE, when your car wireless door opener has a dead battery, ???? I'd rather have a key. No batteries to die, no malfunctions, etc.. Makes things MUCH easier..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Problem with my buddies boat is that the Racor is well hidden on the transom. It was a pain getting the wrench around the filter to remove. I'll suggest that he have the shop relocate the two Racor to a more accessible location.

Comment

Originally posted by Reel Kahuna View Post
          Problem with my buddies boat is that the Racor is well hidden on the transom. It was a pain getting the wrench around the filter to remove. I'll suggest that he have the shop relocate the two Racor to a more accessible location.
          Great idea!!

I'd personally replace with the drain-able cup as well (if not already installed)

It's not very useful if you can't access it, drain it as needed, etc.. I think under deck, you can't have clear plastic, but metal. And even with that, before going out, drain a small amount in a jar (half a cup/one cup?) and examine for water.

Once he knows the system is clean and water tight, he won't have to check but once in while.

It doesn't take long and he'll find a problem BEFORE it reaches the engine..
          Scott

Comment

I hope letting the motor sit this long has not caused problems internally

Comment

I wonder if Reel Kahuna's friend's on engine clear fuel bowl showed any signs of fuel/water separation line or if the red ring even raised? Has anyone had experience that shows the ring ever helped determine if there was water in fuel ever? Not me.
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

My ring fell off the bottom of the white holder. Not too motivated to spill gas to take it back apart to fix. I am pretty sure I could see if water was sitting at the bottom of the cup. I consider myself lucky to never have found any water in fuel over the last five years.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  I hope letting the motor sit this long has not caused problems internally
                  In his first post, it was stated that they went crabbing.

In my head, I read most crabbing is done often(ie-the boat doesn't sit much).

But, the amount of NON fuel that came out, says otherwise..
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Reel Kahuna View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I'll be helping him pull his boat out this Sunday and he has a shop appointment on Monday.
                    Any updates RK?
                    Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                      Any updates RK?
                      He posted that yesterday or the day before, they have not pulled the boat yet

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        In his first post, it was stated that they went crabbing.

In my head, I read most crabbing is done often(ie-the boat doesn't sit much).

But, the amount of NON fuel that came out, says otherwise..
                        I am fairly sure it was not commercial crabbing out there in Ca

Comment

I had to google Lake Comanche, CA. Never heard of it. They must be in the Bay area. Wonder what kind of crabs they are chasing? Cold water and too many rocks......

Comment

yea wonder how far they have to travel to get to where the crabs are.

also wonder if Lake Comanche is low due to the water shortages we hear about all of the time.
                            Glad our lakes here in Tx have filled back up

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              He posted that yesterday or the day before, they have not pulled the boat yet
                              Oh I see, too many posts to keep track of, his friends appointment is not until this coming Monday.
                              Chuck,

Comment

LOL...the boat is being pulled out this Sunday Dec 18 at Bodega Bay. Then it’s being towed to the shop the following day on Monday. Friend lives in Davis, CA about 1-1/2hr from Bodega Bay where we go crabbing a few times per month.
                                I live some 3 hrs from Bodega Bay at Lake Camanche located in the foothills near San Andreas, Ca.

Once the shop flushes the lines and gets the motor running, they'll empty the tank, flush/clean it then filled with fresh gas.

I'll post an update after the shop finishes. Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X