help with cdi unit yamaha p50tlrq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    I saw that. Also noted that it did not say what model(s) of motor(s) it was used on. It was not used on the OP's model according to the Yamaha parts book.

OP said his motor has a -00-00 on it. That is the wrong CDI part number for his motor. Unless the Yamaha parts catalog is wrong. Which it has been noted to be.

In any event a -00-00 or a -02-00 should be form, fit and function interchangeable. I suspect that a CDI Electronics CDI is being confused with a Yamaha CDI. But...
    But again, has his CDI even been proved to be bad?
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

that is my thought also, a non Yamaha produced part is being compared to a Yamaha part

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
        But again, has his CDI even been proved to be bad?
        One of the cylinders is not firing. Must be the CDI.

Comment

help cdi

I am surprised no one has yet asked why Monsanto thinks his CDI is bad! Seems any thread that members think their CDI is bad gets this question, do to the "rare failure rate" of these.

So Monsanto, why do you think the CDI is bad, and how did you determine this?
          the problem began with hard starting. so we went true the fuel system and ending up cleaning carbs, replacing primr bulb, cleaning water fuel seperator and adding fresh feul. check compression fine. there was spark on all coils. then motor started up fine revs up. all above was done at home on muffs.

We got it out to the lake. started up fine but when we go to WOT it just bogs and no speed. at the lake did some ajustments to carbs, switched spark plugs.

started up fine but same result. revs up underload. reversing the boat know problem. but going forward and WOT just bogs and no speed. even with WOT and ajusting carbs no reaction on #2 and #3 cylinder. only #1 top cylinder reacts to adjustments.

spark plugs on #2 and #3 cyl are wet with gas. like there knew and not working. the top #1 cylinder ha a little carb build up.

so the mehanic check it out because i`m not good with electric. he teste it in a tank at home same problem. he told that my CDI unit is bad, do to high speed missing. CDI not putting out enough elctr to coils

Comment

Originally posted by Monsanto J F View Post
            the problem began with hard starting. so we went true the fuel system and ending up cleaning carbs, replacing primr bulb, cleaning water fuel seperator and adding fresh feul. check compression fine. there was spark on all coils. then motor started up fine revs up. all above was done at home on muffs.

We got it out to the lake. started up fine but when we go to WOT it just bogs and no speed. at the lake did some ajustments to carbs, switched spark plugs.

started up fine but same result. revs up underload. reversing the boat know problem. but going forward and WOT just bogs and no speed. even with WOT and ajusting carbs no reaction on #2 and #3 cylinder. only #1 top cylinder reacts to adjustments.

spark plugs on #2 and #3 cyl are wet with gas. like there knew and not working. the top #1 cylinder ha a little carb build up.

so the mehanic check it out because i`m not good with electric. he teste it in a tank at home same problem. he told that my CDI unit is bad, do to high speed missing. CDI not putting out enough elctr to coils
            Your mechanic should have checked the pulsar coils outputs to your CDI? Bad in = bad out.
            Chuck,

Comment

help with cdi unit

I not trying to compare to CDI unit with each other.

i was a just a little confused while search for a CDI unit online.
              one has no orange wire`s like mine and the other has 2 orange wire`s extra, but i could find both under the same part number 6h5-85540-02-00.

my engine has no head temperature sensor. i check to be sure. i just thought it was a upgrade are a small rebuild.

Comment

help cdi

Your mechanic should have checked the pulsar coils outputs to your CDI? Bad in = bad out.

Look i am not a mechanic but would my motor startup and idle fine all day if my CDI was bad. i ask the same thing to my mechanic. he just told me CDI is bad "trust me".

Comment

help cdi

i will ask him if he check the pulser coils

Comment

What do you do down in Suriname? How is the fishing?

I had to Google it to remind me of where it is.

Must be warm down there. I hate the cold. Do you need a helper?

Comment

help cdi

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      What do you do down in Suriname? How is the fishing?

I had to Google it to remind me of where it is.

Must be warm down there. I hate the cold. Do you need a helper?
                      i`m in finance within a small company. fishing is great. alot of fish. bass. snoek. koebie. tarpon. wolf fish. cat fish...... here it is very hot. sometimes some cool breeze days but

Comment

i`m in finance within a small company. fishing is great. alot of fish. bass. snoek. koebie. tarpon. wolf fish. cat fish...... here it is very hot. sometimes some cool breeze days but
                        Goedemorgen!
                        Chuck,

Comment

Look i am not a mechanic but would my motor startup and idle fine all day if my CDI was bad. i ask the same thing to my mechanic. he just told me CDI is bad "trust me".
                          the mechanic told me he checked every thing. pulser coil

Comment

if your mokanik thinks the CDI is bad it is simple.
                            I am a contract mokanik.
                            if I told you the CDI is bad I buy one and install it.
                            if I am wrong I pay for it.
                            tell your mokanik to buy one.
                            if it works you pay if it does not he owns a spare.
                            my bet is the fuel system is still messed up.

I don't own any spare ign coils or CDI's.

Comment

help cdi

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                              if your mokanik thinks the CDI is bad it is simple.
                              I am a contract mokanik.
                              if I told you the CDI is bad I buy one and install it.
                              if I am wrong I pay for it.
                              tell your mokanik to buy one.
                              if it works you pay if it does not he owns a spare.
                              my bet is the fuel system is still messed up.

I don't own any spare ign coils or CDI's.
                              i agree.

Comment

best way to prove it is the CDI is measuring peak voltages when problem shows up.
                                good voltages in but bad coming out = bad CDI

Comment

Working...
                                X