2007 250 Will Not Shift to FORWARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 250 Will Not Shift to FORWARD

Shift Positioning Sensor placed neutral to close to reverse on actuator can shift in and out of reverse. Actuator will not travel far enough to reach forward gears on its own. Must move linkage manually. SPS returns actuator to the incorrect neutral on command. The question: how do I reposition neutral on shift actuator?

can we get a model number?
    if this is a DEC motor than there is no adjustments.

Comment

model #s

2007 250 will not shift into forward model GP2X F250BTXR 1029407 hope I got it right and thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by ECGOERES View Post
        2007 250 will not shift into forward model GP2X F250BTXR 1029407 hope I got it right and thank you for your help
        Do you understand the significance of what Mr. Rodbolt is saying to you?

Comment

sorry but i dont understand

Comment

I do not recognize that model code.
            does this model use a shift cable OR is the shifting done by an electronic actuator?

if it uses an actuator there ARE NO adjustments.
            you may have some stuck bushings.
            when shifted and it kicks baack to N, do you get an alarm?

Comment

I am convinced that he has the equivalent of our F250BTXR.

Sounds like the shift actuator is malfunctioning with respect to it not shifting into forward gear.

As you noted, it is not adjustable. Or repairable either as far as I know.

Comment

Holy Crap! Actuator is $2,441! Hope they don't fail often!

Comment

thank you for your help gentlemen i will travel to the boat in the next couple off months. i think i now have enough knowledge to make a diagnosis i will contact you when i know whats wrong .ps i hope it is 2400 i was quoted 3200 in august when shift started to malfunction .

Comment

is there place to look for used parts. may save on cost if i must replace actuator

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                      Holy Crap! Actuator is $2,441! Hope they don't fail often!
                      And it is not considered a repairable either!

This is a remove and replace world.

Comment

thank you for your help gentlemen i will travel to the boat in the next couple off months. i think i now have enough knowledge to make a diagnosis i will contact you when i know whats wrong .ps i hope it is 2400 i was quoted 3200 in august when shift started to malfunction .
                        Here in the USA it is $2441 and some change.

6AW-4820A-10-00 ACTUATOR UNIT

Comment

As Rodnut suggests, check for binding. Maybe remove the unit from the motor, reconnect the connectors and verify if it is the actuator that has crapped out or if something else on the motor is causing it to misbehave when it is installed.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                            And it is not considered a repairable either!

This is a remove and replace world.
                            Send it to Fairdeal. Let him tinker with it.

Boscoe - you have some aircraft experience I believe. It seems there are many of these sorts of things on planes, especially larger ones. What do they do when time to replace? Scrap? Bet there are some shops that could figure these out. May be cheaper to replace when all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                              Send it to Fairdeal. Let him tinker with it.

Boscoe - you have some aircraft experience I believe. It seems there are many of these sorts of things on planes, especially larger ones. What do they do when time to replace? Scrap? Bet there are some shops that could figure these out. May be cheaper to replace when all said and done.
                              I would bet that you are correct. Someone, somewhere, can repair actuators. Finding that someone is the problem.

Now if it is an aircraft actuator repair place, the repair cost will probably exceed the price of the new marine unit. If that were an airworthy actuator certified for use on a Boeing it would probably be in the tens of thousands of dollars for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                              X