130 Yamaha V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130 Yamaha V4

Alarm started making a non solid tone and had issue with power trim and tilt as I was in shallow water. The engine had a solid stream and was pumping water. I got to dock and shut motor off to unload my crabs when I went to start motor I have nothing no trim/tilt and no sounds from key being turned on. I have another throttle and harness I plugged it in to see if that is it and still nothing. It side mount control and harness is wired into it. the key switch dose feel kinda tight. was going to remove the back plate of controls to check for grimm or build up but didn't have the proper phillips head and the screws are soaking as we speak an ideas or help is appreciated.

Best guess is that you have a voltage supply/ground issue.

Start with the battery cables connections at both ends. The cables themselves. Any switches/connections that may exist between the battery and the motor. Could also be a failing battery.

Comment

Sorry, put a new battery in and checked all conections everything appeared good. in the morning I am going to go through it again. I assumed voltage issue as well was just getting some ammo in my pocket for when I go down to troubleshoot in the morning. Thanks

Comment

Same issue on my boat a few months back. Bad connection at a terminal in the bilge area. Narrowed it down when trim tilt stops working and it will not crank. Search for voltage drop testing.

Comment

Working...
        X