F150 - Can't find Motor Model Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99
    And they are going to continue to have a problem locating your 2006 Yamaha F150 in the database. Reason being that the serial number you mentioned
    "Serial number #6090845" is not valid.

Here is a table that shows all Yamaha F150's produced from the first one through production year 2008. None are anywhere near being close to 6090845.

Hi Boscoe99, can you email those Pictures to me that you attached, I cant see them anymore. Then I can talk to my Yamaha local dealer to investigate further.
    pberggren1@gmail.com
    /thanks

Comment

yes I read.
      But the K corresponds well with what the earlier owner told me, he said : production year 2006.
      So my european motor look the same as the asian ?

Comment

Originally posted by pberggren1 View Post
        yes I read.
        But the K corresponds well with what the earlier owner told me, he said : production year 2006.
        Perhaps HE thought the K meant 2006 so that is what he told you. Perhaps a circular formula!

Comment

Hi again now I have looked at the ECU.
          This is what I can read:
          Big letters: 63P-00
          Second row, small letters: F8T93871 3828
          My first consern is what year its made.

Can you make any sense with these numbers?
          Regards Peter

Comment

It has to be a 2004 or 2005 model year motor. Reason being that the 2004/2005 F150's designated for shipment to CAR(CE) had a 63P-00 ECU installed. Other F150's got a 63P-10 ECU installed.

In 2006 the F150 designated for shipment to CAR(CE) got a 63P-01 ECU. Your motor having a 63P-00 ECU means that it has to have been a 2004 or 2005 model year F150. Otherwise it would have a later version ECU installed.

See data below:

Last edited by boscoe99; 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Maybe a better image of the 2006 F150 ECU dash number for CAR(CE)

Comment

Thanks , you are the man!
                I will contact Yamaha dealer on friday for a belt Change .
                Lets see if they come up with same conclusion.

Comment

Du owe Boscoe en måltid, kanske
                  Sjömagasinet?
                  Chuck,
                  1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I have been to Malmo, Stockholm and Helsinborg. Never got to Gothenburg.

My sister is married to a Dane. Not a great Dane, just an average Dane.

I spent lots of time in Danmark working with the Danish Air Force and would pop over to Sweden from time to time.

Beautiful countries. Good people. Good beer. Not so good with the open face sandwiches with the fish eggs however. No me gusta.

Comment

Thanks , you are the man!
                      I will contact Yamaha dealer on friday for a belt Change .
                      Lets see if they come up with same conclusion.
                      Hopefully your Yamaha dealer has access to the world wide parts catalog for an F150 and can see for themselves what I am seeing. Maybe they can also find the alternate ID label that should be affixed to the side of the block.

If you/they need a link to the place where I got that Yamaha data let me know.

Comment

that reminds me,

Did the op ever look for the round alternate ID label sticker with the numbers like was said earlier so it could be compared to the info he found in the manual he was given?
                        another trip back to the boat is needed I guess

I looked back in the thread and did not see that info sent to him, maybe that was a different thread I was thinking of
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 10-26-2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I have looked many times, but there is no alternate ID plate to find.

Been over to the States in 97, saw the cheese-heads win, you're crazy over there !
                          But loads of nice restaurants n good beer, except Bud!

Comment

I have looked many times, but there is no alternate ID plate to find.

Been over to the States in 97, saw the cheese-heads win, you're crazy over there !
                            But loads of nice restaurants n good beer, except Bud!
                            Would have to agree on that point.

Comment

I do not think we are all crazy thou

Any way here is a quote from other threads on alternate ID and a pic of what it would look like
                              Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                              You don't have to take anything apart to find the alternate ID label. It is a round sticker that is stuck on the block. It is black with a white bar across in. In the white bar should be the numbers that you provided. The sticker is usually in the vicinity of the starter motor.
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 10-26-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Once you get about six buds down it is a very smooth and tasty beer.

Owned by the Belgians now I think. A fine European beer it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X