F175 vs F200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    Always better to max out the h.p. No one has ever said "I bought too much power". But, what is better? V6 or I-4? I suspect the V-6 has much more low end torque....
    Yea, but the V6 F200XA 3.3L weighs 121 pounds more and costs about $2,200 more than the F200 in-line 4.

Think you got enough (maybe too much) info to make your decision Reel Kahuna?
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Gee this site rocks!

My 21' Proline's max hp is 200, which is what I originally wanted.

All my previous and current boats all had/have Yamaha's and quite satisfied with them.

The existing Honda only has 115 hrs; looks brand new but am not happy with it. I posted it for sale in several fishing forums so in preparation, I had a computer read-out run and compression test yesterday for potential buyers so they’d have a warm and fuzzy when they come to view. I'll wait for the Honda to sell before I decide which HP I'll buy.

To be honest, I'm not oppose to buying a late model used F150 with low hours but in my area, they're scarce as hen's teeth and if one pops up, the seller either wants way too much or it sells quick.

Thanks to all who replied. Really gave lots of food for thought.
      Last edited by Reel Kahuna; 09-23-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X