No announcement yet.

2001 Yamaha 90 hp 3cyl 2 stroke spitting water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 and 11 was in a poor condition and is not replaceable, have now removed them completely - according to the Yamaha service engineer - these are there to damper noise. I do not believe this can be the reason for the spitting water.
    Last edited by Rlilleaas; 09-19-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlilleaas View Post
      10 and 11 was in a poor condition and is not replaceable, have now removed them completely - according to the Yamaha service engineer - these are there to damper noise. I do not believe this can be the reason for the spitting water.
      Up to you, they are replaceable.

By the way, you have a portable lift? I see the hydraulic unit in the pic. I have a BendPak Model# MD-6XP coming. Do you have this one, how do you like it, any quirks?

Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

By looking at the drawing it seems like you are correct, its available - I choose not to order this part now, but worth a shot if the water keeps spitting out after assembly. A bit more exhaust sound doesnt hurt anyone.

I believe my garage lift is in one of the other pictures / another page. It has been included in the design of the garage floor and is thus flush

It is a "chinese" build, assume the unit you are reffering to is a US model. Great fun regardless.

Comment

Boat on the water again today. Worked perfect. 34knots at 5400rpm. No leaking water

Comment

Boat on the water again today. Worked perfect. 34knots at 5400rpm. No leaking water
            Excellent!

Love a great ending!!!
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Great! Congratulations, let's go fishing!
              Chuck,

Comment

You might want to replace the rodholder near transom...That is a lost fishing rod waiting to happen. That plastic get old and crumbles.

Comment

By looking at the drawing it seems like you are correct, its available - I choose not to order this part now, but worth a shot if the water keeps spitting out after assembly. A bit more exhaust sound doesnt hurt anyone.
                  I have read before that exhaust leaking by the damper can enter the water pump and keep it from pumping water as it should. Not sure what motor thou
                  best to keep all of the parts they were designed to have

Comment

I replaced the damper also.

I am not scared of the condition of the rod holder ☺

Norwegian lobster season from 1st October to 1st December

Comment

I replaced the damper also.

I am not scared of the condition of the rod holder ☺

Norwegian lobster season from 1st October to 1st December
                      Norwegian huh?

Should I call you Hagar, or Duke?

Chuck,

Comment

Hehe, he is named "Hårek" over here

Comment

So bottom line, what was the problem after all ?

I have a similar "problem" ( I don't know if that's a problem after all ) . My 25hp motor spits water through exhaust hole and it spills through one of two holes right above the lower unit on the boat/shift lever side. Is it normal ? ( see attach)

Note: the motor pictured is not mine, It's a similar one from youtube. I've just wanted to picture the issue.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply, bought myself a Mariner Optimax and a new boat and have not used the Yamaha that much (still have the Yamaha however,)

It must have been the cracked gasket below the power head, that caused the spitting water

mvh
                            Roar

Comment

....and to your other question, at least water out No2 is normal and the way it should be. Not sure of No1 - if it does not overheat and have a good "control-line-flow" I would not be worried.

mvh
                              Roar

Comment

it seems that's normal. the control flow is normal and does not overheat. maybe those holes are for draining a bigger water flow and cool the middle section where exhaust gasses are

Comment

Working...
                                X