No announcement yet.

New Gauges for 1993 200 TXRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about the wrong answer - I didn't have the gauges in front of me. When I looked at the picture I realized my mistake.

Comment

Now I'm confused (not that I wasn't already). How do I make this work? Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood22 View Post
        Now I'm confused (not that I wasn't already). How do I make this work? Is it possible?
        We both are.

Now consider that I am sitting at a key board and have no idea how your boat is configured. I am presuming that it has a 1993 model year motor on it, that the tachometer you are replacing has round nylon connectors and that the trim/oil harness (that connect the old tachometer to the motor) has two round nylon connectors at each end.

And that you now want to install a new tachometer that has two square four pin nylon connectors attached to it. Is this all correct?

If so, you need the updated trim/oil harness (two square nylon connectors at each end) that will connect to the updated tachometer (two square nylon connectors at each end) to go with the updated tachometer.

You will also need two adapter harness so that the new trim/oil harness can connect up properly to the motor. I highlighted these two adapter harnesses and the engine side connectors to help show you the way.

If this does not make sense then my recommendation is that you take the boat and motor to a Yamaha mechanic and let him do the work for you.

Comment

OK - it does make sense. I need trim harness 68F-82553-70-00; wire leads 6R3-82541-10-00 and 6R3-82541-00-00. It looks like I may be able to get a kit - must be new old stock. Otherwise I can just get the 2 wire leads. The existing gauge harness should be OK. Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to make sure I was ordering the right parts. I already have some stuff to return. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X