Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep.
    that is the place Boscoe.
    the shafts work very well and the install is simple.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      yep.
      that is the place Boscoe.
      the shafts work very well and the install is simple.
      That is good to know. This will be my choice when I need to change mine when it rusts out. As I am running only in freshwater let’s hope that's not for a while!
      Last edited by AK115V4-93; 08-06-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

members just wanted to say a thanks to all involved. much appreciated on the links and input

Comment

So had the boat out today. Still wouldn't select reverse. Maybe I do need to do the synchronization........Has anyone got a link to the manual for a ProV 200 P200TLRP. I just want to have a read so If I do take it to someone I know what they are doing and know what I'm roughly going to be charged.

Comment

have you checked the shift shaft?

Comment

Sydney Skier:

Attached is a "Maintenance Interval Chart" for a P200, 1998 Yamaha Service Manual. This is not necessarily for your engine, but should be similar. Tried to attach procedures, but file to large.

I had a hard time looking for your manual, but I did find this:

https://www.selffixer.com/outboard.m...ice.Manual.htm

Everyone asks if you check your shift shaft. Can you answer please!

Looks like you are not familiar/comfortable with the maintenance procedures. If I were you, I would have both the 100 and 200 hour maintenances done per Yamaha Service Manual. Of course have the technician check the shift shaft first, if you had not yet had this done. Be sure the tech is certified and ask for quote before work begins.

After all, you do want your motor to be reliable and running at it's best, RIGHT!
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I suggest you look at the control cables. They're a maintenance item, cheap, take less time than a trip to the shop and eliminate a potential issue. If the shaft is an issue, the cables likely need attention too.

I should have done mine long before I did.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  have you checked the shift shaft?
                  Still don't think the shift shaft was checked. Reminds me of CaptnSolo, what about this? what about that?

Comment

Working...
                  X