Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Fascinating.

That little green arrow under the VST is original to the diagram?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
      Fascinating.

That little green arrow under the VST is original to the diagram?
      If there is a pimple on ones ass then someone hear is going to find it and point it out.

You have just won the pimple picking contest. Congratulations.

Actually, I had marked up the diagram to show what I thought was the direction of water flow. Then I thought maybe I don't really know the direction of the water flow. So I removed all of my arrows. Or so I thought.

Now I need to sling an arrow at you!

Comment

I'm at work now and haven't put the vst back on yet so I can't crank the motor. I'm just wondering where the water passage that seems to be stopped up leads to. I hope it can be opened up without pulling the power head..... I'm gonna pull out the lower anode in the morning and look down in there if I can see anything..... Then get my air compressor and try blowing it out....

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          If there is a pimple on ones ass then someone hear is going to find it and point it out.

You have just won the pimple picking contest. Congratulations.
          Sorry! wasn't trying to be a d*ck - just attempting to understand the flow -

it reminds me of those M.C. Escher drawings.....

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
            Sorry! wasn't trying to be a d*ck - just attempting to understand the flow -

it reminds me of those M.C. Escher drawings.....
            I had a 50-50 chance of guessing at the flow. If I had been right, no one would care. If I had been wrong, I would have been reminded of it. Over and over again.

I love those Escher drawings. Make my mind go mad.

I guess if he did a drawing of a Yamaha he could show water flowing in two different directions in the same hose at the same time.

Comment

Looking at your picture, Boscoe, it appears my blockage is where hose (17) connected to the lower part of the engine below the bottom spark plug.....

Comment

I have a feeling no one here really knows which direction it should be flowing, so you will need to check when you fire it back up.

I myself think(but do not know for sure) that there should be water flow where you have a blocked passage.

Maybe Rodbolt will have some input on this

Comment

Are we 100% sure the thing is blocked?

Comment

And who else googled Esher besides me? Nauseating by the way...

Comment

• I'm not absolutely sure it's stopped up, but I'm sure that I cannot blow air through it or suck any air through it with my mouth....Unless there's some sort of check ball or something in there, then it is definitely clogged. I think this has been the problem all along. I'm getting no water flow through the fuel cooler thus low rpm vapor lock. I just hope there is some way to clear the obstruction short of a teardown.....

Comment

• someone is going to have to check another motor to see which direction water is suppose to flow,
                        I can see it might work in either direction.
                        or both with the tell tail as the only drain

my guess would be out of block thru #9 and back into #17 to drain out, only because #9 looks like the place most would feed out of

but if there is no flow into or out of #17 hose then there is no cooling happening.

maybe there is a restrictor of some type in there to only allow a small amount of flow

Comment

• apparently water flows the opposite to the green arrow and eventually ends up dumped into the exhaust
                          Last edited by greasyshaft; 07-27-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• I sure wish I knew which direction the water flows here. I don't know whether to apply pressure or vacuum to attempt to clear. I'd hate to jam the obstruction tighter......

Comment

• Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              someone is going to have to check another motor to see which direction water is suppose to flow,
                              I can see it might work in either direction.
                              or both with the tell tail as the only drain

my guess would be out of block thru #9 and back into #17 to drain out, only because #9 looks like the place most would feed out of

but if there is no flow into or out of #17 hose then there is no cooling happening.

maybe there is a restrictor of some type in there to only allow a small amount of flow
                              I am guessing water flow is in the other direction. But it is just a guess.

Reason why I think this is so that the tell tale outlet is after the fuel cooler and not before the fuel cooler. Water out the tell tale indicates that the water pump is operating and that the cooler is getting water flow through it.

Without going back and reading all of the OP's posts I don't recall if he stated whether or not water is flowing from the tell tale when the motor is running.

Comment

• Originally posted by greasyshaft View Post
                                apparently water flows the opposite to the arrow and eventually ends up dumped into the exhaust
                                What manual did this come from please?

Comment

Working...
                                X