ran without flush hose screwed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donsmarine View Post
    The best way to use this parts forum is, read the 1st post, go to rodbolts answers, skip everything else inbetween, and get ready to learn about yamahas and how to fix your problem. He's better than a shop manual.
    Damn. If I were rodnut I would take that as an insult.

That would be like saying that Hillary is better than Obama.

Comment

The best way to use this parts forum is, read the 1st post, go to rodbolts answers, skip everything else in between, and get ready to learn about yamahas and how to fix your problem. He's better than a shop manual.
      Yes, Rodbolt has no peer in "been there, done that" hands-on knowledge.

But give Boscoe his due also, for priceless archival information as well as technical understanding.

The synergy between the two is amazing,

I doubt there is another forum - on any topic - with as much _reliably_ useful knowledge as they provide here.

Its too bad the search function here is not more powerful (or I don't know how to use it)

Someone willing to go back through their past posts here, collate, organize and edit could easily put together "The Yamaha Repair Encyclopedia"

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

That would be like saying that Hillary is better than Obama.
        I am afraid we will end up finding out

Comment

The best way to use this parts forum is, read the 1st post, go to rodbolts answers, skip everything else inbetween, and get ready to learn about yamahas and how to fix your problem. He's better than a shop manual.
          26 posts in 3 years, I don't know how we got along WITHOUT him...

Oh that's right, no one else is needed...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If rodnut were to be the only provider of information on this website it would be a boring site. Rodnut would probably agree with me. Everyone has something to offer. Even if it is just a bit of mirth.

Speaking of mirth, where is Zeno?

Comment

Who was the nut, I believe from Australia, who chime in with really insane answers?

Comment

rodbolt is the man (not from Australia) but knows his yamahas

Comment

Originally posted by mrpontoon View Post
                  rodbolt is the man (not from Australia) but knows his yamahas
                  Yes he does. For the most part anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Who was the nut, I believe from Australia, who chime in with really insane answers?
                    Is someone looking for me?

I come from the land down under. To speak to the people from the land up over.

Comment

Found him.....Had to go back to 2014 ------Madharchod

Comment

New guy with a question: My brother just bought a boat with a 2001 Yamaha 50 on it. The flush hose just hangs loose, I can't see any place to connect it to. Is this normal on that old of a motor, or is something missing? We want to take the boat out for the first time tomorrow, will it hurt anything to run it just hanging loose like it is? First time having a motor with this feature.

Comment

very old thread about a 150 or maybe a F150 and you add a question about a 2 stroke 50 or maybe a F50 to it.
                          normal people would start their own thread with all of the proper motor ID and info.
                          click on this link and tell us what 50 you are talking about
                          2001 Yamaha Outboard Parts - OEM Marine Parts | Boats.net

Comment

As stated above start your own thread. Answer that is a garden hose fitting for flusing engine (when motor is not running) it will need to be pluged and secured before sea trial

Comment

Thank you, both. The parts diagram cleared it up. It's an F50, the diagram is showing an 'adapter' in the female fitting on the end of the hose. Basically just looks like a plug, with a screw to attach it to the metal bracket on the bottom cowling, which appears to be broken off. I found a plug, and tied the hose off to what's left of the bracket, for now.

Comment

Very sad that members on this forum try to help someone that clearly gave a vague explanation concerning his issue. Then he starts making insults. All he had to do was mention he ran the motor in the lake and the attachment was not attached post flushing. Hope he sticks to his word and posts somewhere else. I ran my motor a little too fast and the motor dropped RPM to prevent an overheat situation. Improper running using water muffs while not paying attention. Ruined the water pump since I immediately stopped it when the RPMs dropped. In any case, everyone tried to answer this guy's question and he should have refrained from the negative comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X