Vapor lock solution in F225 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it. I’ll put that all on the list.

Any chance it could be this filter which I’ve never replaced: 69J-24501-00-00

Comment

Originally posted by Doggydog View Post
      Got it. I’ll put that all on the list.

Possibly. Maybe.

Comment

ahh - so a bit of exaggeration in

I've checked all filters, fuel lines, the bulb, etc..
        Yes, I'm not one for 'throwing parts'
        but if that "f-filter" has not been changed in a while,
        I would replace it.

Comment

F Filter was replaced. Problem may have improved - but still exists. Instead of 5-6 stalls I had only 2. Could just be random of course.

Both stalls were at idle or just above (*****ing in the Chesapeake) speeds. 7-8-9K RPM typically.

All lines surrounding the LP pump were inspected. No obvious leaks. I'm guessing the clear hose and looking for bubbles is the next step?

Is the clear hose test equal to T'ing off fuel lines and watching pressures? I feel like that could be more accurate?

Comment

If the clear hose test is the best next step - should i start at the incoming side of the LP fuel pump and work towards the fuel tank?

Comment

that would be good to let you know if there is air being sucked in from somewhere to begin with

Comment

While visiting my brother in Mexico, last week after a couple of hours of fishing our 2014, 250hp 4 stroke engine quit and would not start. I disconnected the water separator and connected it directly to the fuel tank. The primer bulb was empty, primed it but the engine would not start. We checked the LP pump and it seems to be pumping correctly, did not check to see if we had any air in the lines. Kind of hard to do when your battling 4-foot waves. Luckily we were rescued, but the engine will not start. We checked the drain plug on the VST but to my surprise the VST had fuel. Any ideas, any help will be appreciated. I have since returned to Florida but I would love to resolve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X