2006 z200 hpdi oil transfer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    not far, and if the alarm does not sound for some reason, you toast the motor. not a very good idea
    Not arguing the wisdom, but roughly you have 70 miles; which in my world is a reasonable distance. If you were to be able to refill whilst out I would not criticize you.

I have gone all day on just one filling of that engine oil tank. Afterall the remote tank may also seem small, but I assume the designers believe is sufficient to cover all situations. And smaller outboards only have this tank.
    Last edited by zenoahphobic; 05-11-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Done deal

Got it working.

I was going thru the simple stuff when I caught it. Boscoe99 nailed it on the head. Black/red and blue had a bad connection just before entering the main ecu harness. (The connection once inside the cowling where brown turns to yellow.

Laid some wire, hooked it all up and bam fully functional.

Thank you all for the guidance and sharing of knowledge. Gotta love being able to log on the Internet and get a handful of bright minds willing to help for free what others will charge a left nut for.

I owe you all a cold one if I see you

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
        Not arguing the wisdom, but roughly you have 70 miles; which in my world is a reasonable distance. If you were to be able to refill whilst out I would not criticize you.

I have gone all day on just one filling of that engine oil tank. Afterall the remote tank may also seem small, but I assume the designers believe is sufficient to cover all situations. And smaller outboards only have this tank.
        most of the big motors that have the remote tank have very small motor mounted tanks and use a lot more fuel and oil than the smaller motors that have only the motor mounted tank.
        I do not know how far the 200 would make it with just the oil in the motor tank, but I do not think it would be 70 miles.
        Maybe some one that knows for sure will share that info

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          most of the big motors that have the remote tank have very small motor mounted tanks and use a lot more fuel and oil than the smaller motors that have only the motor mounted tank.
          I do not know how far the 200 would make it with just the oil in the motor tank, but I do not think it would be 70 miles.
          Maybe some one that knows for sure will share that info
          You may be right, I recalculated in imperial units instead of converting litres etc.; and the argument also depends on what the engine system allows you to use before going into limp mode etc.

My simple calculation is:

That tank holds 0.9 quart (equals 0.225 gallons). The engine consumes one gallon of fuel every 2.8 miles. At a ratio of 75:1 (fuel to oil is assumed it would be this or even greater at cruising) . That makes 47.25 miles (0.225 x 75).

The exact oil ratio is not published and some may argue that 75:1 is too lean at cruising, however the pump does push out even less oil than this (some say more than 100:1).

The single tank engines are at half this horsepower and consumption.

Comment

Working...
          X