2006 z200 hpdi oil transfer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 z200 hpdi oil transfer issue

Here is my issue. I have no transfer occurring from remote tank to main tank while under way. I can use the toggle switch and it will pump oil properly. Green light on tech is working. Trim gauge is NOT but I read that's only an issue pre 96.

Next i Bypassed the sender and still no luck. The blue/green that is supposed to trigger continual flow until blue/white is engaged isn't working. According to the flow chart that means my oil con*****ing unit need be replaced. Anyone think of something I missed? My alarms are working but no flow once I get low

The main thing you missed was the search button on this page, this gets beat to death at least once a week, maybe even more.

Comment

if you jumper the connector it must be done with the connector hooked up AND the engine must be running.
      a quick test of most the ECU circuits.
      drain the engine tank until it alarms with key on.
      put the drain back in place and within 180 seconds it should refill and shut off the transfer.

Comment

I second the suggestion to test the system as Rodbolt says.

Remove the plastic sump from the engine mounted main oil tank and drain the oil into a clean container. Add that oil to the boat mounted remote tank and make sure the boat mounted remote tank is full of oil. Clean the plastic sump and reattach and secure it to the engine mounted main oil tank.

Turn the key to the ON position only. Wait just a bit. The oil pump should come on and oil should begin to flow to the engine mounted main oil tank from the boat mounted remote oil tank. Note the time on your watch when the pump begins to run. The pump should run until the engine mounted main oil tank is full or three minutes time has elapsed, at which time the pump will stop.

The alarm should sound when the key is turned to the ON position. The red light should illuminate or the low oil quantity icon should be flashing on a Yamaha tachometer. The audible alarm should stop when the engine mounted main oil tank is half full. The light should go out or the icon should stop flashing.

Let us know the results.

Is it possible to see a photo of the tachometer when the engine mounted main oil tank is low, and the alarm is sounding and the motor has gone into RPM reduction mode? I presume this is the situation although you did not say so.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 04-25-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Back at t

Gave it a go and the restart works. Drained all oil from main, turned key to on position and alarm sounded and oil began to transfer. Alarm stopped and at half way point and oil continues until tank was up to fill line. Took about 2 am a half min.

as far as the tach goes. It's green with 3 bars while oil is high. At point when it gets below the lower Maine tank line the alarm sounds and all 3 bars blink.

Comment

clean the remote tank oil filter or find the restriction in the hose. 2.5 min is to long, almost borderline in the wont work region.
            the engine can consume oil at cruising speed faster that the remote can transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelptagious View Post
              Gave it a go and the restart works. Drained all oil from main, turned key to on position and alarm sounded and oil began to transfer. Alarm stopped and at half way point and oil continues until tank was up to fill line. Took about 2 am a half min.

as far as the tach goes. It's green with 3 bars while oil is high. At point when it gets below the lower Maine tank line the alarm sounds and all 3 bars blink.
              Refer to the third segment down the page.

Comment

Tested the brown and blue at the remote tank. When emergency toggle engaged I get 10.5 v readout. When I drain the tank below the line and get the alarm I get 0v?????!! Do I have a bad main tank sensor? How would the alarm sound and I don't have volts telling the remote oil pump it's time to pump????

While I wait for you guys I'm also cleaning the filter and hoses

Comment

After testing I turned key to off position. Turned back to on position alarm sounds and tank fills. With again 10.5 volts.

Comment

After cleaning out the filter and lines I improved fill time, now takes a little under 2 min to fill. Still no resolve with the fact it doesn't know to fill during use. Only knows to fill once alarm sounds, I turn to off position and back to on position. Has anyone seen this?

Comment

I was looking at the above chart.
                      I fail to see ANY mention of a main tank.
                      I wonder where this mystery main tank is?

remember, other than that initial fill mode when 3 bars are flashing the engine MUST be running for regular auto transfer to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelptagious View Post
                        After testing I turned key to off position. Turned back to on position alarm sounds and tank fills. With again 10.5 volts.
                        I guess it depends on how you are testing the voltage.
                        Should have 12 v +voltage to the motor when key is turned on.
                        oil module control the ground I believe to run the oil pump motor.
                        If low voltage to the pump motor, check up the line where it is coming from

Comment

if your testing the brown to blue while the pump is operating you will never ever see 12v.
                          if you want to know about what voltage you will see.
                          simply measure the pump resistance, google Ohms law.
                          do the math and you will see about what voltage the pump should drop.
                          the electrons do not see a "pump".
                          they see a resistance to flow.
                          means its going to drop a bit of electrical pressure(Voltage).

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post

remember, other than that initial fill mode when 3 bars are flashing the engine MUST be running for regular auto transfer to occur.
                            If you had to make a guess, where do you think the main tank might be mounted? It is just a guess for fun. We won't jump on you if you get it wrong.

Let me give you a hint from my post number 4.

"Remove the plastic sump from the engine mounted main oil tank"

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post

Now that you bring it up, I don't see ANY mention of where the remote tank happens to be located?

Is it in the mid-section of the motor, remote from the power head?

Is it on the dock from where the motor departed?

I wonder where this mystery remote tank is?

Comment

Working...
                              X