No announcement yet.

Ign Timing & Carb Link Adjust P115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all started when I sold my truck 2 days before I had finished all the work on the boat and engine. There I was with a finished boat and no way to get it in the water. A month passed and I thought, OK, let me check the timing & carb pickup. I should have left it alone. Well, I didn't get that far, so lesson learned, next time I won't mess with it.
    1993 Mako 161 Flats, 1994 P115TLRS

Comment

anytime I am working on 20+yr old stuff,especially here in the salt pond, I tend to check it BEFORE twisting screws and such.

if I placed my timing lamp on it and the idle,pick-up and WOT ign timing is reasonably close to spec then that is typically when I move along and leave that stuff alone.

like I said,its all mechanical and once adjusted correctly will stay that way until something breaks or someone skins it.

but the only way to verify that all your adjustments are correct is actually running it.

too many times I have seen the measurement trick done with a miserable failing.

all that does is get you close,timing must still be dynamically checked.

Comment

Originally posted by KlinkSanford View Post
        If a new cam just slips on, I'll I will just then slip in a new cam roller and test it on the water with the light. Right now I can't test it on the water because I sold my truck. If the cam arrives before the new (used) truck and it goes on easily, I'll install it. If not I'll just test it as is.
        The old cam and the adjustment screw will not budge, so, I'll leave everything as is. Won't have used truck till next Tuesday now.
        1993 Mako 161 Flats, 1994 P115TLRS

Comment

Working...
        X