Need help w/ motor ID and basic info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wharfcreek View Post
    Yam99, that post #11 up there is pretty much exsctly what I needed to know. Had you simply opened with that I'd have said ".. Great...thanks!!" and that would have been it. Done, gone, thank you very much!! Its this petty 'slam' crap like Bosco's closing comment above that is just so damn stupid and unnecessary! Chocolate syrup for brains I guess!! Anyway, thanks for for the help.. I'll leave you guys alone now!!
    You still don't know the year of it, which would be very important if you need to order parts for it.

Just from reading this post I think a few things may of got missed from all the other chatter going on.

If you look on the block, carbs and CDI there should be numbers there that dont fall off. Supply those numbers and I am pretty sure Mr. Boscoe can tell you the year of the motor.

Remember the folks on here are helping people on their own time for nothing...just saying. Sometimes the way we post replies can be taken the wrong way and cause some friction...no big deal.

As for your prop there are websites to help you get an idea of what you MAY need but in the end you just have to try one and see if you can reach close to 6000 RPM at WOT with a normal load. If you don't have a tachometer then you can get a cheap portable tach on Amazon for cheap.

Good Luck with your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wharfcreek View Post
      Yam99, that post #11 up there is pretty much exsctly what I needed to know. Had you simply opened with that I'd have said ".. Great...thanks!!" and that would have been it. Done, gone, thank you very much!! Its this petty 'slam' crap like Bosco's closing comment above that is just so damn stupid and unnecessary! Chocolate syrup for brains I guess!! Anyway, thanks for for the help.. I'll leave you guys alone now!!
      all you needed to do was look at the place the parts link takes you like I told you to do.
      tried to educate you on how to find the info you needed, but no you refused

Comment

it is a 90TLRV, I have the exact same motor same year

Comment

Originally posted by OrtegOyster View Post
          it is a 90TLRV, I have the exact same motor same year
          How can you tell this?

The OP said his motor cowling has "Inshore" written on it. Your model, a 90TLRV according to you, is not an Inshore model Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

How can you tell this?

The OP said his motor cowling has "Inshore" written on it. Your model, a 90TLRV according to you, is not an Inshore model Yamaha.
            and that pic is not of his motor, but he said his cowling looks like that.
            Last edited by 99yam40; 02-28-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X