25NMH 6L2K convert tiller to remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NMH 6L2K convert tiller to remote control

I am looking to convert my Yamaha 2 Stroke 25HP motor from tiller to remote control. I’m in Australia and my local dealer and outboard wreckers have told me there is no kit available. Perhaps I can try and source some parts individually?

I have already fitted an aftermarket CMC trim/tilt unit and I want to also add electric start (Electric start kit is available locally). Ideally the remote box will allow operation of these two features.

can anyone assist in what parts I might need and if they are available.

What year is it?

Comment

I think I would look for another motor, converting to forward controls is a nightmare of chasing lots a small bit and pieces, that’s after you buy controls, wiring harness and cables, then a way to adapt them.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
        What year is it?
        it's a 2013 model

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
          I think I would look for another motor, converting to forward controls is a nightmare of chasing lots a small bit and pieces, that’s after you buy controls, wiring harness and cables, then a way to adapt them.
          I think I may have found an import kit that does the gear and throttle linkages. If it fits I will still need to work out the control box and cables.

Comment

https://7c250766.flowpaper.com/MRPCatalog1/#page=118

Comment

Thanks, this was most helpful. I noticed that the list included a wire harness 6L2-82590-00-00 for connection to control. What control box(s) is the harness to intended for? Is it for the kill switch only or does it include wiring for the starter?

Comment

I am away from home. Give me a few days to find an answer for you.

Is your model an electric start version?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

in post #1 he said he wanted to add electric start

Comment

So he did.

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate your assistance. As mentioned, I intend to add electric start.

another question in regards to the control box. Which direction in relation to the bow of the boat is the cable movement when referring to push & pull? Is pull moving towards the bow and push moving towards the stern?

Comment

Push or pull relates to the movement of the throttle lever on the motor. Most Yam models are push to open and pull to close. Your model for instance.

Since the throttle cable comes in from the front of the motor I am envisioning the cable movement being from bow to stern when opening the throttle.

Take a look at yours and see.

Comment

Push or pull relates to the movement of the throttle lever on the motor. Most Yam models are push to open and pull to close. Your model for instance.

Since the throttle cable comes in from the front of the motor I am envisioning the cable movement being from bow to stern when opening the throttle.

Take a look at yours and see.
                          the throttle and gear parts arrived today and I installed them. The forward lever is the throttle which moves forward to open the throttle. So do I need a pull control box?

Comment

I think you are confusing yourself with the push pull thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                              I think you are confusing yourself with the push pull thing.
                              perhaps I am, hence my question?

Comment

Working...
                              X