No announcement yet.

Yamaha ring free plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that Ringfree and Techron are both produced by the Oronite Additives Division on Chevron, and while similar amines, Ringfree is primarily for marine applications and the Techron is for automotive applications. I've considered using the Techron in my outboard motor but just not sure about it?....That Ringfree has gotten pretty darn expensive at $57/quart....

Comment

Well, one (Yamaha) is MUCH MORE CONCENTRATED). 1 oz / 10 gallons, or 320 gallons.

Thought I had a bottle of Tectron (I do use it) but the container, as I recall, goes in an "average" auto fuel tank(roughly 15 gallons total), NOT 320 gallons. And of course the bottle is half the size.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Well, one (Yamaha) is MUCH MORE CONCENTRATED). 1 oz / 10 gallons, or 320 gallons.

Thought I had a bottle of Tectron (I do use it) but the container, as I recall, goes in an "average" auto fuel tank(roughly 15 gallons total), NOT 320 gallons. And of course the bottle is half the size.
        I agree, and I guess at dosage levels the Ringfree may be the bargain....but $57 per quart smarts just a bit when I buy it....but compared to stuck rings and repairs it's downright cheap!....it's great stuff!...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
          I agree, and I guess at dosage levels the Ringfree may be the bargain....but $57 per quart smarts just a bit when I buy it....but compared to stuck rings and repairs it's downright cheap!....it's great stuff!...
          Here ya go Robert: $44.00 with free shipping! (two bottles)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AX1JVH93K4B8Y
          Scott

Comment

two 12 oz bottles does not = a 32 oz quart

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              Welcome to the ranks of Fact Checkers Anonymous - BUT you missed my error in a previous post which was supposed to point out that the stuff is meant for four strokes also.....shame. I have edited the post.

Comment

My boo,

That's fine,

but STILL a 12 oz bottle of RF treats 120 gallons
                a bottle of Tectron (forgot how many ounces) treats one car tank full(roughly 15 gallons.)

The RF is obviously MUCH more concentrated (again, I've used both).

For ME, I can go out for an entire day on FIVE GALLONS of fuel. This ONE bottle (and I use on the heavy side), will literally last me years..

I can run the entire summer(once or twice a week, on ONE tank of fuel)..

**I think most of us respect Rodbolts opinions, experience, etc. Ask him, of the TWO additives he uses, ONE IS RingFree..
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-11-2015, 05:02 PM.
                Scott

Comment

I aint into that stuff myself.

At the rate of $44 for 24oz
                  his 32 oz would be $58.66 for the quart
                  just keeping you on your toes

Comment

Ring Free

It is 42.25 for a quart on amazon and free shipping

Comment

Here ya go, 32oz, $38.00 and free shipping:

Amazon.com: Yamaha Outboard Ring Free Plus Fuel Additive Quart (32 ounce) ACC-RNGFR-PL-32: Automotive
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X