No announcement yet.

Ox66 Fuel Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok a lot of good stuff .... Boscoe 99 posted the electrical schematic of the pump and CDI .... Please correct me if i am wrong ,,,It looks to me like the resister is on the ground side of the circuit ... It also looks like the pump gets + side from the "main" relay (red/yellow wire ) which is activated by the key switch, It also looks like the pump's ground is directly connected to the engine block and not the CDI, Am I reading the diagram wrong ??

Comment

Originally posted by ttles714 View Post
      ok a lot of good stuff .... Boscoe 99 posted the electrical schematic of the pump and CDI .... Please correct me if i am wrong ,,,It looks to me like the resister is on the ground side of the circuit ... It also looks like the pump gets + side from the "main" relay (red/yellow wire ) which is activated by the key switch, It also looks like the pump's ground is directly connected to the engine block and not the CDI, Am I reading the diagram wrong ??
      Yes. You are reading the diagram wrong.

If the pump were grounded directly to the block then the pump would run all of the time when the key was in the on position.

The pump is grounded to the block but via the CDI. Either through a resistor at low RPM's or not through the resistor at higher RPM's.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info, changed the CDI and all issues with fuel went away. Motor runs well without issue. Hard start want away and what appeared to be over oiling has also cleared up.

Comment

Working...
        X