No announcement yet.

F150 power trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but there must have been some cracks since new.
    Otherwise water doun't enter.
    Inside was no water only little moisten which take spring rusty.
    Do anybody ever seen like these cracks on yammy trimmotor?

Comment

Hi, upgrade for this case.
      Yammy Importer make an offer - 50% if i order new pump motor.
      I take it and run.
      thanks everybody; if you hear somebody has same issue in motor; put here a story.
      I don't believe my was the only one.

Comment

Well, the positive here is that you found the root cause.

As far as getting an importer or someone else to help pay for this - unfortunately that's not going to happen. Unless you purchased a warranty for this engine, this is one of the downfalls of buying used - sometimes there are things that you need to fix on your own dime. That's just how it goes sometimes. There's no way to know how long those cracks were there - and as you pointed out, they were not readily seen - even if you had a mechanical survey done, if it was working fine at the time of the survey, there would be no reason to look further.

Sierra is an aftermarket manufacturer - you could check into that. Or buy a used/rebuilt unit.

2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Hi, what i said, manufacturers importer in Finland give me 50% discount of new motor, so i ordered one. My yammy is 7 years old and i buy it in 2016 new. Warranty was 3 years here.
          I am sure there has been crack or porous in plastic housing since new ; what else could happen.
          No sun no ice only bad plastic alloy or bad cast.
          I watch the new one with magnifying glass before mounting it.
          Also think, i must take trim unit out of bracket ( 10 minutes job) every other year to make sure it is not crack. Save euros!!

Comment

Oh, when you were originally talking about an importer (I missed your post #17 when responding), I thought you meant the importer that brought in the used boat that you bought to Finland.

That's nice they gave you a discount... although sometimes it makes you wonder what their "normal" price is if they can offer a 50% discount to someone

Comment

I always thought they just pained the T&T motors.
              if you remove a bunch of the cracked paint or plastic from that old motor, I bet you will find the areas around the mounting flange real rusty.
              I would guess that the water /moisture came in around the flange area, and got under the paint slowly creeping along under the paint/plastic(if that is plastic) the rust swelled the metal causing the outer covering to crack

Comment

99yam40 read post #9 and look at pics.
                Old ones was steel body and painted.
                New ones are plastic body with 1mm thick pipe inside where the mangnets are glued.

Comment

Originally posted by jisaF150 View Post
                  99yam40 read post #9 and look at pics.
                  Old ones was steel body and painted.
                  New ones are plastic body with 1mm thick pipe inside where the mangnets are glued.
                  I think what you are saying is exactly what 99Yam is saying, as well.

Comment

Hi, some upgrade for this trim motor case.
                    I buy my new yammy 2016 because i wanted japanese motor that is trouble free.
                    But trim motor get cracked.
                    I get from yammy importer 50% discount about new trim motor.
                    But here is the reason why 7 year old motor body cracks.
                    20231209_154923.jpg Here is a foto from new motor package; watch carefully labels bottom part !!

Comment

Working...
                    X