• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the clarification.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

townsend and w/s

21M is for carbs.....10 is for Fuel injection...Townsend,, outboard fuel line is not black....grey or white and you might want to look in to Otiker clamps.. your primer bulb looks like a merc with the yellow bands with the redesigned shutter valves.... plastic bottoms W/S are for under deck app's...aka,, not to be in the elements like UV's..btw,, I showed your bike to one of my clients that has a bike shop and he started foaming at the mouth !! LOL .......and never,never use telflon tape,,nope,nope....GGRrr !!....PPS,, and I see a water speed sensor hanging out of your motor loom !! Yes, Im picky,,folks lives depend on my work and wisdom..it is what it is,, what it is.................
      Last edited by bajakeith; 11-20-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        2 Microns????

I posted in another thread about 10 micron filters, which allow smaller particles to GET TO THE INJECTORS.

Who makes 2 micron filters and more importantly, ARE there ANY ISSUES /downsides with fuel flow (CFM) with the better filters?
        Racor is the only filter maker that I know of who makes a two micron fuel filter for marine motors. See below. I used one for a number of years. No fuel system problems but I can't say that if I had not used it that I would have had a problem. That is, did it prevent a problem? Can't say.

The concern is that it should clog faster than a 10 micron filter since it is not allowing contaminates between 2 and 10 microns to flow through the filter media. But this should only be the situation if one is getting a continuous supply of dirty fuel. In my case I installed a vacuum gauge to the other outlet of the filter head to monitor any restriction to fuel flow. I ran mine for several years with many hundreds of gallons of gasoline flowing through and it never got to the point of needing to be changed because of a fuel flow restriction. Change a fuel filter on a simple yearly basis and without a vacuum gauge being in the loop many perfectly good filters are getting thrown away.

Like the use of hydorfoils, anti-siphon valves, filters with plastic bowls below deck and some other stuff, the use of a two micron filter seems to be somewhat controversial.

I report, you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
          21M is for carbs.....10 is for Fuel injection...Townsend,, outboard fuel line is not black....grey or white and you might want to look in to Otiker clamps.. your primer bulb looks like a merc with the yellow bands with the redesigned shutter valves.... plastic bottoms W/S are for under deck app's...aka,, not to be in the elements like UV's..btw,, I showed your bike to one of my clients that has a bike shop and he started foaming at the mouth !! LOL .......and never,never use telflon tape,,nope,nope....GGRrr !!....PPS,, and I see a water speed sensor hanging out of your motor loom !! Yes, Im picky,,folks lives depend on my work and wisdom..it is what it is,, what it is.................
          I would say to never use teflon tape with a fuel fitting if one does not know how to use the teflon tape. But then this holds true for just about everything.

Comment

Working...
          X