Leaky trim seals - TRIM N TILT. 2014 F300 XCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    have you tried putting the motors weight down on the tool to hold the tool in place?

from what I have read a piece of PVC pipe works for that
    I have not but this sounds intriguing. I may look into this. The first thing I'll try is a heat gun on the outside of the barrel of the cylinder. That and some more Aerokroil. Then I'll get croMag with it. And since I bought new caps and am planning on throwing the old ones out, I won't be too concerned. Even if that means the compressor and air hammer. Hopefully, it won't be quite so neanderthal a process after I heat it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

We have that trouble all the time with landing gear gland nuts, basically same situation, spanner wrench that is impossible to keep engaged in the nut and end up tearing everything up. We made our own tools and use a hydraulic jack to force the spanner against the gland nut to break it loose. Even then the gland nut ends up torn up so much we scrap it...but a least we get it out.

We are pulling gland nuts for leaking oleos, basically same thing you are doing or for heavy landing inspections.....that's my dig at pilots! Lol
      Heavy landings? As in slam it down hard and stomp on brakes? Hah! I flew to Jackson Hole, Wy in August. I knew it would be interesting. Popular place so flights going in are 737-757 size aircraft. Runway is maybe 6500 feet, so short. I didn’t say anything to family prior as to not create anxiety. Landing was not the gentle glide down to runway. Slammed down as quick as possible and hammer the brakes as hard as possible. Everybody slid forward in seats, well, because who snugs up the belt. Takeoff was fun too. Probably the absolute minimum lbs of fuel to get to Denver. Engines spooling up as the plane still turning….pilots probably love it. Breaks up the monotony

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Heavy landings? As in slam it down hard and stomp on brakes? Hah! I flew to Jackson Hole, Wy in August. I knew it would be interesting. Popular place so flights going in are 737-757 size aircraft. Runway is maybe 6500 feet, so short. I didn’t say anything to family prior as to not create anxiety. Landing was not the gentle glide down to runway. Slammed down as quick as possible and hammer the brakes as hard as possible. Everybody slid forward in seats, well, because who snugs up the belt. Takeoff was fun too. Probably the absolute minimum lbs of fuel to get to Denver. Engines spooling up as the plane still turning….pilots probably love it. Breaks up the monotony
        They need to plant it firmly on the short runway to get the spoilers up and kill the lift on the wings as soon as possible...so the brakes can do their job.

I used to like to go on test flights, three people, min fuel and max performance take off!

Comment

Working...
        X