Remove bottom pin on 115hp trim tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove bottom pin on 115hp trim tilt

I need to remove the bottom pin holding the trim tilt cylinder. Need to get behind it to remove fowling and repaint. The pin seems to be pressed in? How is it removed? with a special Yamaha press? Part #31 & #32 in the diagram. 2018 115hp any and all help appreciated. thanks

pic is too small to see,
    which of these 6 2018 115s is your motor so others can look up diagrams for it?
    Yamaha - Outboard - 115HP OEM Parts | Boats.net

Comment

If it is a 2018 production year motor I am guessing that it is not a two stroke 115 but an F115 four stroke.

Folks guard their model identities more closely than the NSA guards top secret documents.

Comment

Here is a link to the photo Yamaha Outboard 115HP OEM Parts Diagram for Bracket 1 | Boats.net
        My computer skills are limited, the boat is across town, so not positive this is the exact model # but all of the 2018's look the same.

I need to remove the bottom pin holding the trim tilt cylinder. Need to get behind it to remove fowling and repaint. The pin seems to be pressed in? How is it removed? with a special Yamaha press? Part #31 & #32 in the diagram. 2018 115hp any and all help appreciated. thanks
        Buy OEM Parts for Yamaha Outboard 115HP Bracket 1 Diagram

Comment

looks like you just need to remover both #34s & #33s,
          and then put a longer bolt in one side and hit or push it out the other side.
          or rig up a slide hammer to screw into the bolt hole and pop it out with a slide hammer

Comment

The link is for an F115. You say that you have a 115. I am confused.

Comment

The part I'm trying to remove is the same for all models. But to help it's a Four Stroke.

Comment

"looks like you just need to remover both #34s & #33s,
                and then put a longer bolt in one side and hit or push it out the other side.
                or rig up a slide hammer to screw into the bolt hole and pop it out with a slide hammer"
                I've hit it a few times with my DeadBlow hammer and no movement yet, I fear breaking the bracket (items #1 & #2 in the diagram.

Comment

Heat the brackets with a hot air gun. Cool the pin with dry ice. Maybe put an impact gun on it.

Comment

Impact is not moving it yet, the cylinder will move on the pin but the pin will not move in or out or spin in the brackets. Trying the heat gun next. Thanks

Comment

Got it! Had to make a simple puller and added some heat and it let loose with a big POW. for a second I thought the bracket broke!. Paint tomorrow and reassemble. GO FISHING!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldToyBox View Post
                        Got it! Had to make a simple puller and added some heat and it let loose with a big POW. for a second I thought the bracket broke!. Paint tomorrow and reassemble. GO FISHING!
                        good news,
                        can you post up a pic of the puller you rigged up, it may help others when they search for what to do

Comment

Working...
                        X