9.9 lay down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need a year model of that F9.9.
    they were peculiar in the fact that water comes out of two nipples in the cyl head and the T stat discharge.
    the head passages are known for clogging.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      I generally use the term "tell tale" which I believe is of Mercury Marine origin.

The Japanese word for piss translates to pilot.
      Language again! Most slang derives from the most useful meaning, usually changing a noun to a verb.
      I too never heard pilot. What does it lead?.

Where a pilot works is also called a ****pit- does this show a relationship between a pilot and a pisser?

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
        Language again! Most slang derives from the most useful meaning, usually changing a noun to a verb.
        I too never heard pilot. What does it lead?.

Where a pilot works is also called a ****pit- does this show a relationship between a pilot and a pisser?
        Common man. Get into the 1990's. It is now called a flight station. No more pilots and copilots. Only captains and first officers. No more stewards and stewardesses. Now flight attendants.

But speaking of a pilot, pisser and cocckpit, have you ever heard of a "relief" tube? Be careful when a plane flies low over head. Also, stay away from blue ice.

Comment

manufactured 7/11 dropped lower end, impeller shot will replace and let you know. While I have it apart, is it a good time to use the flusher?

Comment

If all the parts / pieces to the impeller are there (they sometimes get pushed up into the power head), there's no reason to flush / run it now.

You may not be able to keep water in the power head with the lower unit off.. No reason to risk damaging the engine..

Its highly recommended to kit the pump kit. Also, ANY distortion to the main pump housing, REPLACE IT...

You can pump water up the mid section tube (if trying to flush out bits and pieces) but do not run it ..
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-01-2015, 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I do not see where running the motor on the flusher without the lower unit on would hurt anything
              or flushing without running with lower unit off.

Someone want to tell me what it would hurt if I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                I do not see where running the motor on the flusher without the lower unit on would hurt anything
                or flushing without running with lower unit off.

Someone want to tell me what it would hurt if I am wrong
                On this model nothing will be hurt from running it with the lower unit removed as long as water is supplied to the motor.

With some Yams the drive shaft turns the oil pump. On those models, no drive shaft, oil pump no turnee, motor might seize.

A Yam is not a Yam is not a Yam. Or it might be.

Comment

thanks , I learned something today again.
                  time to drink some cold ones and coast for the rest of the day now.

Comment

ok heres a question, whats the diff. in model T9.9 LPA, T9.9 LPA_01, T9.9LPA_04

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Common man. Get into the 1990's. It is now called a flight station. No more pilots and copilots. Only captains and first officers. No more stewards and stewardesses. Now flight attendants.

But speaking of a pilot, pisser and cocckpit, have you ever heard of a "relief" tube? Be careful when a plane flies low over head. Also, stay away from blue ice.
                      Didn't realise it has been that long since I worked in aviation; a pilot license is useless then.

You still call the person who guides ships into port a pilot? Or has he/she had their title changed also?

Comment

Originally posted by DENNYP96 View Post
                        ok heres a question, whats the diff. in model T9.9 LPA, T9.9 LPA_01, T9.9LPA_04
                        T9.9LPA is the model identity.

Now if that model is offered over a number of years the parts catalog will show that model based on different production periods. A T9.9LPA may have some numbers after it such as T9.9LPA_0411. This indicates the parts book is showing motors produced after April of 2011. The next offering for this model is T9.9LPA_0112 which indicates it covers the basic model which was produced aft January 2012. Hard to describe but hopefully you can understand.

It might be best to simply insert the complete serial number of the motor into the Yamaha parts catalog and it will take you to the parts book for that specific model. But having said that almost any part number for any one T9.9LPA is going to work for any other T9.9LPA.

Comment

Working...
                        X