2020 f25swhc tiller to 703 remote conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 f25swhc tiller to 703 remote conversion

Hi all, I bought a used 2020 F25SWHC tiller model and am converting to a remote set up with the 703 side mount remote control. The mechanical part is hooked up but I don't seem to have a 10 pin connector for the electrical harness on my engine??? does anyone know what what I am missing? can't seem to find anything on the internet for this situation, and the install manual for the 703 remote control doesn't mention anything about wiring ... thanks

need a new wiring harness for the motor, if that is what you are asking about.
    maybe easier to just use the shift and throttle and start and stop from the old motor controls

Comment

Is there a connector between the wiring in the tiller handle and the wiring on the motor?

You might need to call Yamaha Customer Support. Their rigging book shows a harness but it is for earlier F25 models. Not the C model.

Comment

Comment

Trying to post info but system is holding it pending approval. WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Trying to post info but system is holding it pending approval. WTF!
            might need to log off and log back in to see i that helps

Comment

Thanks 99yam40. so I guess the tiller model does not come with a 10 pin connector only a remote model? To use the keyed ignition switch, warning buzzer and engine lanyard shut-off at the remote control I would need to install the engine wire harness for a remote model engine. Does that sound correct?

Comment

Is there a connector between the tiller handle wiring and the motor wiring? I don't think so but you are there.
                Last edited by boscoe99; 05-30-2023, 02:42 PM.

Comment

no there is not a 10 pin connector attached to the tiller only a couple leads for the engine cut-off

Comment

Comment

This site is becoming too onerous to use.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        This site is becoming too onerous to use.
                        Guessing you are trying to post up links or pics?

Comment

Working...
                        X