2006 200hpdi imidiate all carbon spark plug issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 200hpdi imidiate all carbon spark plug issue

I have a 2006 VZ200TLR 200hp hpdi that has a serious spark plug carbon issue. Symptoms are with fresh set of bkr6eku ngk plugs runs great for about 10 minutes then starts missing and running bad. BLack smoke in exhaust like a carburated engine that is flooding. Pull all six plugs and they are coated with black soot. What I have done to this engine. Checked low pressure pumps for leaking into crank case. New electric fuel pump and float needle in vapor seperator. Had high pressure fuel pump and injectors gone through by injector rx. All new fuel filters. Compression and ignition all good. Indexed flywheel and Checked TDC on #1 cylinder and flywheel. Tried known good ecu and injector drivers. Checked reeds wich are fiber boysens and oil pump linkage. This motor does not have the o2 sensor. Thermostats are working correctly. What am I missing and what do I need to check from here? Would like rodbolt to chime in on this and let me know his thoughts.

Rod has not been around for some time now.
    but have you checked to see what pressure your rail is seeing?
    ECU thinks it is in spec all the time, but you need to see if it is.

Comment

Four things will do that... Restricted exhaust... Late ignition timing.. Serious rich fuel mixture... Weak secondary spark....that's That !

Comment

[QUOTEtoo=Keithbaja;n238237]Four things will do that... Restricted exhaust... Late ignition timing.. Serious rich fuel mixture... Weak secondary spark....that's That ![/QUOTE]

Too cold spark plugs. 6 go to 7
        Foul fuel
        And bad injectors!
        Last edited by zenoahphobic; 04-26-2023, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Use Senior,, just touching on the most common basics. We can sit here all day and throw possibilitys

Comment

Working...
          X