yamaha f4msh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha f4msh

Hello I have a Yamaha 4hp 4 stroke that I just got from my father. I got it home and got the motor to run but I have one problem. Once at idle and I turn the choke off after about 30 seconds the motor wants to rev up if I pull the choke out and push it back in really quick it idles normal again for a bit and then revs back up has anyone seen this before or know what could cause this? Thank you in advance

Fuel starvation, the engine runs too lean.
    Check carb drain screw to see what comes out. Probably needs a thorough fuel system clean.

Comment

Yep, blocked carb or an air leak, or fuel supply from tank, pretty common symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
        Yep, blocked carb or an air leak, or fuel supply from tank, pretty common symptoms.
        Thank you I’m going to try and find a air leak somewhere only because I have took the carbs apart and everything I have seen looks good so far to me Sharon thank you guys

Comment

Chances are you didn't clean the carb properly, Yamaha carbs are notoriously difficult to get clean, all passages MUST be cleaned out, washing or spraying won't clean them.

Comment

Any idea what year it may be? Should be a tags on the transom bracket with full model and year on it.

If it is the set up I am thinking about it has a u shaped plastic intake manifold with 3 or 4 gaskets on it. They all have to be in place and seated properly so there is no air leaks present.

Comment

Working...
            X