Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 2021 thermostat location

Hi!

Can someone help me to find where is the thermostat located on F115 4 stroke 2021? I have looked from everywhere but I can't find it. My engine cooling system is not working and I have to check the thermostat to see if it's stuck. I have connected the hose to the engine flush port to for static flush without engine running as well as running engine submerged until above the water intake holes, but I don't get water out of tail tell. Please help me.
    thanks.

Comment

Thank you sir. I checked the thermostat and it looked clean and like a new as this old engine should be. I have checked also the cooling water hoses and the one going to the tail tell has some dry dirt in it, which could have been the reason why the engine is not peeing, but cleaning that hose didn't help.

Comment

Might try some compressed air up that TT while the motor is running on muffs to see if that moves something out of the way.

Dry dirt sounds like an insect had a nest in there.

thinking on this more, you might want to take both ends of that TT hose off and run some weed wacker line thru it and into the places it hooks up to clear it out.
        Last edited by 99yam40; 04-19-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

You are right about the insect nest. Earlier there was a blockage at the end of TT (dry dirt) and I took the hose off the TT head and I found a living larva there. Then I took both ends of TT and blowed compressed air thru it which blowed some more dirt out of the hose, but now the hose is clean.

I think the water pump impeller is ok, since I used muffs to flush with the upper flushing hose being open and I saw water coming thru the upper flushing unit. I did it of course while engine was not running.

Today I tried the muffs and upper flushing unit at the same time to get more water pressure, but no luck.
          Last edited by Luuccass; 04-20-2023, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luuccass View Post
            You are right about the insect nest. Earlier there was a blockage at the end of TT (dry dirt) and I took the hose off the TT head and I found a living larva there. Then I took both ends of TT and blowed compressed air thru it which blowed some more dirt out of the hose, but now the hose is clean.

I think the water pump impeller is ok, since I used muffs to flush with the upper flushing hose being open and I saw water coming thru the upper flushing unit. I did it of course while engine was not running.

Today I tried the muffs and upper flushing unit at the same time to get more water pressure, but no luck.
            try it again with the motor running.
            usually need the block to fill up before tt comes out good.
            if still no water comes out hit it with some compressed air, just a short blast of air all while the motor and water is running

Comment

My GOD !! People just don't get it.. Using muffs dosn't show crap... You can pull the impeller and run on muffs...... Your using around 45 psi house water pressure.. Get a Grip !!

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                My GOD !! People just don't get it.. Using muffs dosn't show crap... You can pull the impeller and run on muffs...... Your using around 45 psi house water pressure.. Get a Grip !!
                Forget to take your meds again did you?

Comment

Thank you everyone for you help. Today I took the thermostat out again and tested it with hot water. For some seconds nothing happened, but suddenly the spring did jump and made a sound like it got released or something. I think it was jammed. Tested cooling and heating for several times and it opened/closed slowly without jamming. Once again I took the hoses off and blowed compressed air and ran some weed wacker line thru them and tested the flush again. 10 seconds and TT was peeing normally. I tested to flush several ways and all of them worked nicely. I ran the water using only muffs with the engine running and it worked. Then I ran the water using muffs and the flush unit hose together and it worked. Then I used only flush unit without engine running and that also worked. What a relief.
                  I ordered a new thermostat just in case.
                  For the next winter I might block the TT hole with a tape just in case, so no insects gets there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Luuccass View Post
                    Thank you everyone for you help. Today I took the thermostat out again and tested it with hot water. For some seconds nothing happened, but suddenly the spring did jump and made a sound like it got released or something. I think it was jammed. Tested cooling and heating for several times and it opened/closed slowly without jamming. Once again I took the hoses off and blowed compressed air and ran some weed wacker line thru them and tested the flush again. 10 seconds and TT was peeing normally. I tested to flush several ways and all of them worked nicely. I ran the water using only muffs with the engine running and it worked. Then I ran the water using muffs and the flush unit hose together and it worked. Then I used only flush unit without engine running and that also worked. What a relief.
                    I ordered a new thermostat just in case.
                    For the next winter I might block the TT hole with a tape just in case, so no insects gets there anymore.
                    Pilots and/or mechanics do that often on airplanes. For Pitot tubes and static air holes. Critters looking for a home.

Comment

And the paint shop dudes who tape up your static ports, paint over them and tell you she is ready to go. Then you have to spend hours and hours seeing what else they forgot to take the tape off!

Comment

Boscoe99. You a asset and usually a gentleman on this blog.. I don't understand what the issue is. I don't get confused easily. So,, what are you really saying to me ???

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                          And the paint shop dudes who tape up your static ports, paint over them and tell you she is ready to go. Then you have to spend hours and hours seeing what else they forgot to take the tape off!
                          Thanks for bringing this up. As soon as I decided to tape the TT, I was aware of the risk of it being forgotten. Fortunately, I have a few checklists, and I'll add taping and removing it to my checklists

Comment

Boscoe99. You a asset and usually a gentleman on this blog.. I don't understand what the issue is. I don't get confused easily. So,, what are you really saying to me ???
                            my guess would be your post was out of line of being helpful.
                            but we got his problem solved

Comment

Working...
                            X