No announcement yet.

Unsticking a stuck lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are correct I cannot see your signature with that info.
    with Keith talking about four strokes and ox-sea's it got me to looking to see what motor was being delt with

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      you are correct I cannot see your signature with that info.
      Well that sort of defeats the purpose of setting up a signature!

Do you have yours set up? Looking at everyone else's posts, I don't see any signatures from anyone else. It's good I can see my own...
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I got lost at OX-seas!

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
          I got lost at OX-seas!
          You must be an F-ing guy

Comment

I got lost at OX-seas!
            I am sure he was referencing
            X = OX66 Advanced
            Fuel Injection

Comment

LOL, its always my fault..I'm sitting on the San Andreas fault line.. At nisene marks state park in Cali.. Didn't know that was called a signature. Wonder why agent 99 can't sea that ?? Dennis,, how long since that drive/lwr unit was serviced ??

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                how long since that drive/lwr unit was serviced ??
                Unknown, Keith. I bought the boat in 2016 and tried to remove the lower at the end of the season. No joy. Kept trying each year - had a shop try their hand at it somewhere along the line, too. I made the decision to bring the boat home with me this year (boat is used in Maine, I'm in PA) because I have the time and space here in PA to hang it upside down. Prior to this year I didn't have the space in PA to do it nor the time in Maine

Comment

Just hanging it upside down won't achieve much, anything you use on the driveshaft will just get blocked by the centre shaft bearing, unless you do the hole drilling business mentioned earlier, I don't think I would go that route, but it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

You must be an F-ing guy
                    I am lost on that one too....don't know wether to thank you, or get pissed of.

Comment

Ummmm ?? asunoelm, I dont know if you know what I do for a living with 40+ YRs. The lwr/unit driveshaft inserts with splines into the bottom of DA CrankShaft. "Very Simple my dear Watson"

Comment

Yep, I know, I didn't say it wouldn't work, just said it wouldn't be my choice, doesn't mean it's no good.lots of people have methods to do jobs, some like the ideas, some don't.

Comment

I am lost on that one too....don't know wether to thank you, or get pissed of.
                          Neither, really, Just meant as a joke. Since you didn't pick up on OX-seas being OX-66 engines (2 stroke, fuel injected, like I have) I figured you have a four stroke motor... an "F"200, for example.

Off the fly, that was the best I could come up with... must not have been very good if I have to explain it!

Comment

It is a damn good thing that we all share a common language.

Comment

I did not get Fourstrokeing guy out of that either

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                                It is a damn good thing that we all share a common language.
                                I guess I should stick to my day job

Comment

Working...
                                X