Audible alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load

Yes I understand what you are saying ...I wonder/doubt if a buzzer and small led light would actually be pulling enough load to hurt the ECU. I looked but can't find the load specs for the stock buzzer. If I could find that I would know what to limit my buzzer/light combo to ...loadwise that is.
    Thanks

Comment

A single LED dash light draw is so minimal, it shouldn't be an issue.

Re the buzzer, its already designed to operate that.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Do as you will. Proceed at your own peril.

Comment

Do you really believe a single LED will take out the system??
          Scott

Comment

Total load

I just figured out the total load of each buzzer/led combo to be 78mA
            I doubt that would be a problem. I am using the specs off of a 12v buzzer from Radio Shack and a red led pilot light. (58mA & 20mA)

Comment

Total Load

I understand Boscoes concern but at that small of a load I don't feel it is going to do anything. Without knowing the ECUs load limits for the buzzer circuit (or even what the buzzers pulls) how would you know that the relay you would put in wouldn't exceed the rating?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
                I understand Boscoes concern but at that small of a load I don't feel it is going to do anything. Without knowing the ECUs load limits for the buzzer circuit (or even what the buzzers pulls) how would you know that the relay you would put in wouldn't exceed the rating?
                If the control circuit load of the relay is less than the load of a Yamaha buzzer alone then you will know that it cannot damage the ECU. You can then add whatever loads (horns, bells, whistles, lights, etc.) that you want to the relay, as long as they are within the load rating for the relay.

The F150 ECU is known to have a problem when a defective ISC valve damages it due to excessive current flow through the ECU while trying to control the ISC. I would just be cautious given that the ECU retails for over 800 bucks whereas a relay is only a couple of bucks.

Chances are you can do what you are intending to do without a problem.

Chances are that putting a copper penny into a fuse box to cover for a fuse that keeps blowing will also not cause a problem.

We pays our monies and we takes our chances.

Comment

Makes sense

Yes I understand the caution we should use and $800 bucks would sting..lol
                  I am trying to locate my shop manual on cd (usually tripping over it when I don't need it) for the schematic of the dual ignition/alarm setup (if that is even in there) to see if it doesn't already have relays installed. I will double check but it seems I saw 2 small black sealed boxes right next to the buzzers.
                  I will see if they are relays (if it is on the schematic) and go from there.
                  But if they aren't how would you know what size relay to install to be safe if we can't find the load specs on the alarm circuit.
                  I would think that when a stuck ISC fries an ECU that it is in the whole amps range ...this amounts to not even close to an amp.

Comment

relay

Cant find schematic in cd.
                    These are the two small rubber boxes below the beepers.
                    Could they be sealed relays? One side constant 12+ and I couldn't see where other went, into the black box on the back of the ign. switches bracket I think.
                    Anybody have any ideas if these are sealed relays or diodes?
                    Anybody know where I can find the schematic?
                    Thanks

Well it will not download the pic, I will try to get pic on another way.

Comment

Do a search here about the ISC's failures.

They jamb up and cause temps up to 200Fwhen they jamb up causing the eventual ECU Failures.

A single LED WILL NOT pull anywhere near that, that's just common sense..

Just putting a test light (standard bulb) on that circuit pulls WAY MORE than a single LED. Did your ECU, fry testing it?

Post #2;

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...e-th25046.html

Scott

Comment

No ECU fine

Yes as a matter of fact I did use a DVM and a test light ...ECU fine.

Comment

Ha HA,,LOL

These Yammys are a BAD joke,,,I Know,,I know how much you paid for them,,really sad that they are Soo problem some !!

Comment

???

Who said anything about a problem with the engine???
                            I love my "Yammies"
                            It says you are a senior member??? If you don't like your "Yammie" why don't you sell it???
                            I just don't get some people.

Comment

Update

Just finished installing 2 new buzzers and red led alarm indicating lights.
                              Everything works great, ECUs fine.
                              Thanks for all the input guys.
                              Kirk

Comment

Thanks for the update, safe boating!!
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X