No announcement yet.

Twin 2004 115 both wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you will need to tilt the tank or whole boat so that it all gets to a corner you can stick the pipe into.
    Once you pump out all you can, then use rags tied to something you can shove around in there to get the rest out.
    and make sure you figure out where that water came from.

If you think it was pumped in, you can try to talk to the station people to see if they will help

Comment

The driveway is pitched so tilt should be there. No chance to tilt the tank, it's down in the hull with only a small hatch. The only access into the tank is the 2"hole where the sender screws in. Rags would make me nervous. If I loose one in there it's not coming out.

Figured out where the water came from as well. I wasn't going to stop looking until I figured that out and it wasn't easy. Didn't believe it was the station as I also filled my truck and that didn't have any issues. It turned out it was the house battery box drains. The tank goes underneath the battery box with only about 1/8" clearance. Normally, water would drain down over the tank into the hull. I suspect at some point they clogged and a previous owner got the bright idea to drill the holes bigger. Right straight through into the tank. .... Since there's a hatch water never really gets in there. When I was changing the battery, I decided to clean out the box. Never dreamed it would drain into a fuel tank. Took care of this as well by sealing the holes.

Comment

Check the "o" ring on your gas cap ....... That was my culprit several years ago ...

Comment

Working...
        X