Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 days a week

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
    I would order the correct kill switch as that the right way to go..and stay away from "Worst Marine"
    AS I Said the first time...keep it OEM and you will stay out of court and people stand a better chance of living !! Really simple !!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      So can you be found responsible if he dies or is hurt because you told him how to bypass a safety system in recorded info for anyone to see?
      Too much lawyer stuff going on now a days, be careful

Its two wires, anyone with basic electrical skills can figure that out (and electrical is not my forte).

I've been designing and manufacturing aftermarket helmet lock brackets for just over 10 years with a distributor in NC. (bracket allows a lock to be bolted to a specific motorcycle). Never had an issue, one of several designs, listed under "Easy Helmet locks";
      The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1300S, K1200S, K1300R, K1200R, & R Sport

**No one's twisting his arm to disable a safety feature**...

I have the clip on my 21' foot WITHOUT the tether.. If its too rough I don't go out. I know the risks and its my choice.

I do appreciate the reminder thou 99Yam40, thanks...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Just busting your chops,
        I too do not run with a tether attached when alone most of the time.
        we all roll the dice
        But I would think rough weather is not the only thing we need to be concerned about.

Hitting something under water and out of sight would be something to be concerned about.
        The driver usually has the steering wheel to hold onto if it is a remote con*****ed set up.
        But passengers tend to move rapidly forward when boat come to a quick stop

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Just busting your chops,
          I too do not run with a tether attached when alone most of the time.
          we all roll the dice
          But I would think rough weather is not the only thing we need to be concerned about.

Hitting something under water and out of sight would be something to be concerned about.
          The driver usually has the steering wheel to hold onto if it is a remote con*****ed set up.
          But passengers tend to move rapidly forward when boat come to a quick stop
          Not a problem, life is a gamble.

"But passengers tend to move rapidly forward when boat come to a quick stop", unfortunately, been there, done that. 35MPH to stop, real quick, (mostly sand / oyster bottom). Happened to two of us, both at the center console, so he had hand rails etc to NOT get pitched, and the tether wouldn't have helped him anyway..

High bow rails help too (older pic before re-power);

Speaking of safety, that "little lever" you have to hold to keep your lawn mower running (cause your not bright enough to keep your hands from the blade), I disable and pitch the whole set up and go to a toggle on/off switch(pretty much like the Op wants). I'm the only one that uses the mower and if I can't keep my fingers out from a running engine, probably shouldn't have them... Been that way on my two mowers total over 30 years...

I ride my 600cc, 100 HP, Yamaha motorcycle everyday and that's way more dangerous with these dumb a$$'s texting or just driving stupid;

Gotta live on the edge!!!!
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-14-2015, 05:07 PM.
          Scott

Comment

Nice bike !!

NOW,, that's a ride I cant do... but if I did,,,ThatA work !! that baby looks FAST sitting still....Tell Ya what,,I'll Take you on a spin..1400 lb livingston catermaran with twin 2004 75 HP two strokes at 50 knots in 8 ft sea's with 35 knots of wind....any day...once in a while (seldom) she might hit a little hard...I eat Bostons & grady's for lunch !!

Comment

NOW,, that's a ride I cant do... but if I did,,,ThatA work !! that baby looks FAST sitting still....Tell Ya what,,I'll Take you on a spin..1400 lb livingston catermaran with twin 2004 75 HP two strokes at 50 knots in 8 ft sea's with 35 knots of wind....any day...once in a while (seldom) she might hit a little hard...I eat Bostons & grady's for lunch !!
              Neat!!

Its a sit upright bike, very comfy. I don't do the push up, good for 10 minute rides. It's got bar risers and set backs on it.

And yes, she'll git it.. 14,000k red line, 6 speed. Raced a supercharged, Lingenfelter Corvette last year (700 plus HP). He couldn't pull away from me and I couldn't pull away from him (going over and down a long bridge with no side roads, etc). My $3K bike vs his $200K vette..
              Scott

Comment

Yikes !!

And 14 K rpm,,,,holy sh_t !!!

Comment

And 14 K rpm,,,,holy sh_t !!!
                  It doesn't really wake up, (and "come on the pipe" untill about 8,000 RPM')s. Second gear will pull 90 MPH to red line. I took this video, maybe a year ago, just showing the charging voltages from cold start up, etc. My dash;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127092600@N08/

Fun mid sized bike, damn near bullet proof engine. 47/48 MPG beating around town(taking it easy on the throttle). FI'ed, water cooled, double overhead cams, 4 banger, 4 valves per cylinder..
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    I think the OP changed his mind about wanting a simple on/off switch after he thought about it a bit. Maybe my sarcasm helped.

"I will get the model number off the motor this weekend and post it so that you will be able to help me out. Thanks for the sarcasm in your response I really enjoyed it."
                    Yes I did. Thank you to all. I will order a new kill switch. Do yall know if a new lanyard will come with the kill switch or would I have to buy it separate?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddogsram View Post
                      Do yall know if a new lanyard will come with the kill switch or would I have to buy it separate?
                      The lanyard has a SS "clamp" around it (at the control "clip end") so no, you don't have to order it separate.
                      Scott

Comment

Townsends

Thought I was gonna see a TACH wind/up....NICE RIDE !! And as you well know.... car drivers are blind/dumb/slow and stupid...well 99.9 percent.. have fun with that motor with a pair of wheels!!......BTW,,,any tach/motor high rev without load is not a good thing for the motor.......Safe trails

Comment

Thought I was gonna see a TACH wind/up....NICE RIDE !! And as you well know.... car drivers are blind/dumb/slow and stupid...well 99.9 percent.. have fun with that motor with a pair of wheels!!......BTW,,,any tach/motor high rev without load is not a good thing for the motor.......Safe trails
                          I know we are digressing with motorcycles, but you reminded me of a salesman saying to me that the WR 250F can rev at 10,000 rpm all day ( I have two in my garage).
                          I said to him really! How is that possible?
                          He said really and then I replied BS , how could you really ride that bike sitting on 10,000 all day?
                          The problem is the bike is a trail bike. Which gear would you use to scream the hell out of the motor, all day? Top gear would the motorcycle travel at 150 kph ( over 100 mph). Not denying someone may be able to reach that speed on dirt, but not me, half that speed maybe; but not me to do even that all day!!!
                          Who could????
                          And the alternative to rev 10,000 in a lower gear (several lower gears). What idiot would do that, ALL DAY, and not blow up the engine!!!!

Comment

I usually shift way before 8k...

And yes, it does occasionally see red line, (maybe once a month, every two months-in GEAR, under load). For that reason, first will do 60MPH so it doesn't happen often.

And there's no speed limits around here higher than that. It will do 134 with a little more on tap.. I have a "Speedohealer" that corrects the speedometer inaccuracy and locks in your highest speed if that part is plugged in

Now on the highway, running at 70 MPH the engines turning either 6 or 7k-(kinda high for any length of time IMO).

Just like boats with multi-high horse engines, its fun having that power to weight ratio should you need / want it... And I ride as if invisible and try to stay ahead of packs of cars when possible ALWAYS with an "OUT". After market open pipes make most folks HEAR ME before they see me as well;

Sorry for the hy-jack, back to the thread!!
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X