No announcement yet.

Wiring Diagram (Yamaha Gauges)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all your suggestions...gonna have to start at square one, frustrating as all hell...
    Only safe solution at this point is keep tank topped off, only a few more trips planned anyway...
    Gonna strip wiring down in a few weeks and rewire boat in spring...
    Probably should have done this when I did hydraulic steering and throttle cables...oh well

Comment

What if this only gives you 1/2 a tank indication?

To test the gauge connect the black wire to the white wire at the tachometer. The bars should all illuminate indicating a full fuel tank. Disconnect the black wire and the bars should disappear except for the bottom bar which will flash.

What if this only gives you 1/2 a tank indication when connected together and empty when split?

Comment

Originally posted by steven knight View Post
        To test the gauge connect the black wire to the white wire at the tachometer. The bars should all illuminate indicating a full fuel tank. Disconnect the black wire and the bars should disappear except for the bottom bar which will flash.

What if this only gives you 1/2 a tank indication when connected together and empty when split?
        Are you confusing the tachometer with some other instrument? The tachometer has nothing to do with fuel quantity.

Comment

Hi Boscoe,

ok i have the two instrument set up. the 'multifunction speedometer' has the White and black wires designated for the fuel sender. I know that i have the correct black as the other one in the rubber seal/bung in the back losses power to the unit if disconnected and the one with the blue is for the light. If i connect the white to the black at the back of the unit i get half a tank reading, disconnect them i get empty? think the gauge is U/S. It the the unit with a 'Knots MPH KMPH' selector on the back, not the one with DIP switches i keep reading about.

Comment

AS fare AS i know the White/blue is for gaslevel US-style 38-240 ohm the solid White is lever European style 10-180 ohm..... But it makes no different if i connect my levelsensor to the egither One of them...... It still shows empty when its full. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Thomas View Post
              AS fare AS i know the White/blue is for gaslevel US-style 38-240 ohm the solid White is lever European style 10-180 ohm..... But it makes no different if i connect my levelsensor to the egither One of them...... It still shows empty when its full. Any suggestions ?
              What are you talking about?

Start a new thread and fully describe your problem. What model motor do you have, what brand/model of gauge do you have, etc..

Comment

Working...
              X