No announcement yet.

Throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So "something is said often enough by experts so it must be true. Don't worry if it can't meet the evidence test"

IMO primer bulbs should be placed as low as possible and horizontal to utilise gravity for fuel to flow into the bulb, and to overcome poor pump sucking ability, and to offer the least resistance to fuel flow.

Comment

I'm getting the pop corn!!
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        I'm getting the pop corn!!
        No problem. I have been where he is before.

I am trying to get that light to turn on so he will have his "ah ha" moment.

Comment

The kicker is, once its primed, it doesn't matter.

If I have an issue priming a dry filter, I'll simply turn the bulb upwards as mine is currently horizontal..

Interesting thread for a very simple fuel part..
          Scott

Comment

I'll no doubt get many future "ah ha" moments from Boscoe, that is why I participate in this forum. But not on this one.

I brought up this subject as an example to demonstrate the pitfalls when discussions start to deteriorate when people start to go for the man and not the ball. Not sticking to the merits of the argument.

Retread postings, I clearly pointed out lack of relevant evidence, only implied evidence with contradiction was the only thing forthcoming.

"Trust me" without demonstration can only go so far.

The primer bulb is a vital piece of equipment and misunderstood, and is central to many questions on this forum.

If you are using what you perceive to be their view, look at the older Southwind boats, made by Yamaha and packaged with their engines, all I have seen with horizontal mounting of bulbs.

Comment

Now where's that light switch? Ah here it is, switch on, oh it is 240volts that makes my light very bright. Must pretty dim lighting using only 110volts over there!

Comment

Well, I think that horse has been beaten to death several times... Poor horsey..

I'm not changing mine from horizontal BUT will put it vertical If there's an issue pumping..
                Scott

Comment

A seahorse.

Yes we now know all the options.

Comment

Seahorse, Very good!!!
                    Scott

Comment

Good you have supplied some evidence granted, that is what I asked.

But some of the references have been duplicated. "post many times the same thing in different forums and the sum of these postings is greater than any alternative, therefore it must be truer trap" we call that branch stacking here in politics.

The video is good example to actually show something working, however (putting on my devil's advocate hat) , hopelessly inadequate! Do something like this, do it properly!

Why did not the video man demonstrate the primer not working sideways with liquid (maybe not with gasoline but water perhaps)?. Demonstrate the problem that he is telling us a solution for?.

Then show us it pumping better vertically with liquid!. Simple (and necessary) to proving of a point. (this how magicians fool people). Dah, should I be sucked in by the quality of the video and the man's convincing voice?

The devil's advocate has learnt that it pumps air (atleast I here the noise).

What I have learnt is that it seems that in more modern times atleast one primer bulb is fussy (perhaps) how it is orientated (like to see a video though); and this was never ever a problem for decades with primer bulbs before.

Comment

Now where is that light switch?

Ask boats.net directly, as he did not prescribe vertical positioning in your latest. Ain't seen enough convincing evidence to date. Anyone?

Comment

I am starting the think Zeno is a *****

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            I am starting the think Zeno is a *****
                            A subjective term.

You may have missed my green dot, so I am sorry that you feel I do not contribute legitimately to this forum, or that I have crossed some unwritten brotherhood "do not question" code.

Just being analytical with robust discussion with predominantly someone who is also very analytical. I am sorry for thinking too laterally and teasing out a lengthy (?) debate.

Read Forum rules.

Comment

Working...
                            X