Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spark plug replacement 2006 F60 2300hrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug replacement 2006 F60 2300hrs?

Is there reason to replace spark plugs if the engine runs like a swiss watch?
    I'm original owner, I did replace them once @ the 500 hours mark

Also just out of curiosity what is the life expectancy on these outboards? (fresh water use)
    Thanks

I’ve always inspected, cleaned and re-gapped plugs as necessary and continue to run them….they can last for years…

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      I’ve always inspected, cleaned and re-gapped plugs as necessary and continue to run them….they can last for years…
      Thanks for reply and advice!
      Good luck on the water!

Comment

My 2005 Ford F150 with a mere 100,000 miles on it has the original plugs. It runs as well as they day that I got it.

If it ain't broke, I won't be fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          My 2005 Ford F150 with a mere 100,000 miles on it has the original plugs. It runs as well as they day that I got it.

If it ain't broke, I won't be fixing it.
          As you know, that motor is a bich to get plugs out. I wouldn’t touch them either.

I have been replacing F150 Yamaha plugs every two years. Roughly. Paid 9 bucks each last time. Probably 25 bucks now.
          Last edited by pstephens46; 06-03-2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Replace them every two years. This ensures you are using properly gapped plugs. Also, the plugs will not seize. The health of the engine can be observed based on the condition of the plug. I barely use my motor and change my plugs every two years. Please do not use anti-seize when changing them and use NGK plugs as noted by your owners manual. Torque the plugs to the OEM spec.

Comment

Originally posted by byron.akhavi@gmail.com View Post
              Replace them every two years. This ensures you are using properly gapped plugs.... I barely use my motor and change my plugs every two years.
              The gap changes over time - even if the engine is not run?

Comment

I have never seen the gap change. I just replace every two years to observe the plug condition. Then I just install new plugs. No point cleaning threads and install the old plugs. Just put in new gapped plugs from NGK (I do check the gap first). Like checking an impeller. Why not just install a new one??

Comment

Why not use anti-seize? I use it on damn near everything on these engines. If the answer is "proper vs improper torque" I have read that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                    Why not use anti-seize? I use it on damn near everything on these engines. If the answer is "proper vs improper torque" I have read that argument.
                    I am with you on that...

Comment

Working...
                    X