Water pressure gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure gauges

I want to install water pressure indicators, gauges , on my twin 2007 F 250's.... Can someone point me in the right direction ? Is there a company that makes a dual gauge so that the pressure on both motors can be displayed? Better yet, Is there a way to display this on the Yamaha Command Link gauges (square not round)? thanks

Originally posted by ttles714 View Post
    Is there a way to display this on the Yamaha Command Link gauges (square not round)?

yes - although the sensor required (one for each motor) is a bit pricey:

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/69J-8A4L0-15-00

There is a plugged-off port currently installed on the rear starboard side of the engine;

you remove the plug,
    replace it with one of the two bushings that comes in the kit with the sensor,
    then thread the sensor in to the bushing.

Nearby is a capped-off electrical lead with a white "W" label;

you remove the cap,
    and plug that lead to the sensor.

Having done that,
    the water pressure will be displayable on your square tach

Comment

Comment

thank you very much ..... you are right about being a little pricey but probably a much better way to do it.. But this sounds lke a better idea than the costs Involving stand alone gauges and sensors and the time to run wiring or hoses ...... the pictures really explained it !! thank you

Comment

Excellent Fairdeal. Water pressure is a MUCH more accurate of the BIG picture of what's going on, then the Screaming of a overheat sensor

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
            Excellent Fairdeal. Water pressure is a MUCH more accurate of the BIG picture of what's going on, then the Screaming of a overheat sensor
            Atleast your ears don’t need to look at that “guage” and that signal is very definitive.
            My view formed decades ago on outboard pressure guages, is that because it fluctuates that one needs to know what it should be at various revs. Not an easy task, and an imminent fault is very likely to go undetected (eg blockage). But each there own.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Atleast your ears don’t need to look at that “guage” and that signal is very definitive.
              My view formed decades ago on outboard pressure guages, is that because it fluctuates that one needs to know what it should be at various revs. Not an easy task, and an imminent fault is very likely to go undetected (eg blockage). But each there own.
              I tend to agree, most people just turn and look at the tell tale when the alarm sounds to see if the pump is pumping, the gauge just keeps them from turning their head immediately at the sound of the overheat , but they will still look back there to make sure there is water coming out if the alarm sounds

Comment

At high speeds on race boats you can't look at a tell tale. U don't take yours off anything that's not forward.

Comment

At high speeds on race boats you can't look at a tell tale. U don't take yours off anything that's not forward.
                  not many people running race boats around here

Comment

Some people plumb the tell tale forward up the gunwale so that it can be observed in their forward vision.

A good idea if there is enough pressure to overcome the losses in several meters of tube.

I guess it isn’t offered as an installation option because it requires some sort of connection on the outboard.

But hey jet skis provide the forward tell tail, so it is just “laziness” that this is not normal in the conventional boat world!

Comment

A lot of boats are running around with a small tube from the transom area up to the dash for the speedo. Which I don't recommend for salt water apps. Gets ugly when something gives under the dash.

Comment

Was the standard speedo for Yamaha (and others) for decades.

Comment

Working...
                        X