Yamaha low quality components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha low quality components

This is from a 2016 90HP engine, less than 150 hours on it. Unacceptable in my opinion.
    Attached Files

most people clean and lube that shaft when they do water pump or other inspections

Comment

I just saw one with around 22 years of service and doesnt look remotely as corroded as mine.

Comment

The older enduros two strokes were bullet proof

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
          The older enduros two strokes were bullet proof
          I believe it was from a 2 stroke johnson

Comment

Yes. Yamaha has been known for not producing quality products.

Comment

Oil pump with corroded screws

Comment

Originally posted by TONYG279 View Post
                This is from a 2016 90HP engine, less than 150 hours on it. Unacceptable in my opinion.
                Yeah I would not be happy about this driveshaft as well. Something not right there to me..bad batch of material or something.
                Did you try to get a replacement from Yamaha?

Comment

I don't know. The US Navy spends billions of dollars fighting corrosion on products that are merely flown in somewhat salty air.

Many wonder why outboard motors corrode so soon. I wonder how they last as long as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Yeah I would not be happy about this driveshaft as well. Something not right there to me..bad batch of material or something.
                    Did you try to get a replacement from Yamaha?
                    Corrosion is typically not covered by a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Corrosion is typically not covered by a warranty.
                      Yes I know..just seems that one look a bit extreme to me. But we also dont know how the engine and boat were maintained either.

Comment

Originally posted by TONYG279 View Post
                        I just saw one with around 22 years of service and doesnt look remotely as corroded as mine.
                        how many times did you drop the lower unit in those 6 years and 150 hours of running in saltwater ,to inspect, clean, and lube that bare metal shaft?

Comment

Six year old motor. The lower unit should have been removed 5 if not 6 times by now. In which case the early onset of corrosion would have been noted. And action taken to remove the corrosion and swab the driveshaft down with marine water resistant grease.

I am doubting that happened.

Comment

I typed without seeing your post 99yam. Deviant minds think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

how many times did you drop the lower unit in those 6 years and 150 hours of running in saltwater ,to inspect, clean, and lube that bare metal shaft?
                              Engine is 2018 just looked at the invoice, this is the first time i drop the lower unit due to an oil leak further up in the engine. Did not know i had to drop the lowe unit 5 or 6 times by now with such low hours in the engine. Check out the corrosion in the oil pump's screws. Should i dissasemble the powerhead as well 5 to 6 times in order to lube those screws as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X