X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tunahawaii View Post
    Right now they are hooked up like this
    5F8C61B1-6A84-4A99-9CE2-2A80A1BA9883.png
    I am talking about making the trim wire connections in the main engine harness that are needed to get trim data sent to the ECU so that it can be transmitted on the Command Link network.

Your service manual has the procedure for doing this. It is in the rigging section.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunahawaii View Post

I dont have anything to test it with. My dealer gave me a brand new sensor to test and same result.
      You should really buy a basic DVM if you're going to do your own work. You should be able to get one for under $20.

Boscoe, he should be able to do the same ohm test at the ECM, right?

Tuna, one thing you didn't mention is if it EVER worked? If never, one would suspect some type of calibration/setting issue?
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

You should really buy a basic DVM if you're going to do your own work. You should be able to get one for under $20.

Tuna, one thing you didn't mention is if it EVER worked? If never, one would suspect some type of calibration/setting issue?
        motors are brand new, it must be something that i missed or something i didnt know i needed to program. So i guess i’ll start there

Comment

It is not programming. It is a simple connection of two pink wires that are in the engine pan. As explained in your service manual.

new baby boy names

Comment

I told him that on another thread,
            but he said he "can't find" the trim jumpers...

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

Yes. But only if the pink wires have been connected.

Comment

Working...
              X