2021 yamaha 50 trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 yamaha 50 trim

The trim on my gauges don’t measure trim angle when i trim my motors up and down. I tried to recalibrate them but same result, i checked if the trim sender is plugged in and tried looking for white plugs with pink wires but couldnt find any. Anybody else hve any ideas?

I suspect that you might have a four stroke F50. With some letters after it. Is this correct?

Comment

Boscoe is able to give you more specific info once he has your digits. But... locate the wires under the hood and diagnose the switch (ohm) there. Or... it's under warranty - get it diagnosed and fixed and for free
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Yes F50LB. Our dealer is really booked out we only have one on island so just trying to see if i can trouble shoot it myself.

Comment

Gotcha - understood. So you can do what I mentioned and also physically verify the lever arm is intact and moving. If all is good at the engine side, then move to the dash side of things.

Comment

Aloha. Howzit brah? Bookem Danno. Murder One.

Analog trim gauge or Yamaha mulit-function gauge?

Find the trim sender on the outside of the cowling. A pink wire and a black wire will run inside the cowling and on to an ivory coloured four pin connector. To which a harness should be connected that runs up to the dash. From there the harness will be connected to your trim gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Analog trim gauge or Yamaha multi-function gauge?

Tunahawaii posted on another thread

"Right now i have 6y8 tachs connected inline hub to my motors"

Comment

Yes i only have the multi function (round) 6Y8 tach, no speed/trim gauge. Also checked the sender arm and it works perfect. Connection on the send looks normal too.

Comment

does that tach have settings for different trim sensors?

Comment

I dont think so

Comment

When the 6Y8 gauges were installed was the service manual procedure followed so as to get engine trim data on the tachometer.
                      Last edited by boscoe99; 03-11-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Tunahawaii posted on another thread

"Right now i have 6y8 tachs connected inline hub to my motors"
                        Nice that we were not informed as to what the OP has.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunahawaii View Post
                          Also checked the sender arm and it works perfect. Connection on the send looks normal too.
                          To be clear... it "looks" good and physically moves? But did you ohm it?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                            When the 6Y8 gauges were installed was the service manual procedure followed so as to get engine trim data on the tachometer.
                            Right now they are hooked up like this
                            5F8C61B1-6A84-4A99-9CE2-2A80A1BA9883.png

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

To be clear... it "looks" good and physically moves? But did you ohm it?
                              I dont have anything to test it with. My dealer gave me a brand new sensor to test and same result.

Comment

Working...
                              X